HELP Virus Ti Desktop patch list/factory restore

• Hi

In urgent need of help!

My Virus Ti Desktop is being returned to my dealer tomorrow. Collection has been arranged.

I'm finding it IMPOSSIBLE to restore it to its original factory shipping condition. I have overwritten patches RAM-A0 to RAM-A7. I know those patches are somewhere amongst the ROM banks but I have no idea what they are. According to the manual, the first RAM bank is a "best of" collection from the ROM banks.

I can't find anyway of resetting the factory RAM banks. You can't do it in Virus Control Centre. No files get installed to restore from. There aren't any current factory patches on the Access website. I can't find any patch lists anywhere.

This is very frustrating.

HELP!!!!!

• By mistake overwrote the first Patch of the RAM... I want to restore it back to original and can't figure out how... HMMM

Don't Panic! :D

It's the patch named "3-Dumm HS", from one of the ROM banks A, B, C or D.

If you already installed Virus Control and can use the VC plugin, it's quite easy to restore that patch. In VC you will find copies of all the factory banks, RAM and ROM. Load the Factory Presets TI2 RAM A bank in the lower bank area. Load your Virus RAM A bank in the upper bank area. Drag and drop the first patch from the lowe area to the first patch slot in the upper area.

(If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I kindly suggest to read the documentation.)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ozon () aus folgendem Grund: Additional information, proper quote.

• On my TI2 factory set, the first RAM patch is 0 HyprNoch BC, one of the 21 exclusive RAM patches that are actually not found in the ROM banks. However, there is a similar -but not quite exactly the same- patch, ROM A 48 HyprNtch BC.
    3-Dumm HS is located at ROM A 0, to be exact.
    Also, hope this helps:
    Virus TI2 preset list in PDF
    :)

• On my TI2 factory set, the first RAM patch is 0 HyprNoch BC, one of the 21 exclusive RAM patches that are actually not found in the ROM banks. However, there is a similar -but not quite exactly the same- patch, ROM A 48 HyprNtch BC.
    3-Dumm HS is located at ROM A 0, to be exact.

Ok, that's interesting. I dug around and found the following:

• In the Virtual Control plugin, the Factory Content for the TI1 and TI2 does not contain the original RAM banks, only the ROM banks
    • If you do a complete reset and restore of the Virus via Virus Control Center, the RAM banks contain duplicates of the ROM banks
    • There's no backup or restore for the special content mentioned by you

I did some more digging through my backups and library archives, and was able to restore those 4 special RAM banks (I think!). Please find them attached for reference.

Dateien

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+