Please read this

• G'day guys,

I purchased my Access Virus Ti Snow about 3 years ago and I really tried to get it working but was basically handballed back and forth from Ableton and Access at the time.

The closest I got to using the Virus was around the time I purchased it, however the sound was cracking and popping and I gave up as I was in the army at the time and I just got really frusrated and stoped making music (I know I should have not given up as I lost 2 years of being creative).

I decided that I love making music and I need to get this working so I can carry on forwards.

• I have since upgraded my laptop. My current specs are > Intel 7 2.50GHz > RAM: 16GB > Windows 10 64bit.
    • I have updated my Virus TI Snow to the latest 5.0.8.00 drivers.
    • I have installed Ableton 9 (Trial for now until I can at least get everything work) - Previously had Ableton 8
    • I am running a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Presently, when I try to drag the Virus Control into Ableton it says 'no virus connected'. - I have tried turning the power off etc.

When I had my custom VST folder, the plugins were not even showing up. I will attach some photos.

I have decided to get it another go as prior I was in the the army and going through some rehab.

Here I am again and I still cant get it to work. I even went in to producing shop in Brisbane and they did try but pretty much said you need to work it out yourself.

I have done the following.

- Installed the latest version of Ableton 9 64 bit (just on a trial at the moment) - I own Ableton 8 but I thought perhaps it would work with the 9 (no luck yet).
    - I have installed all the latest drivers on the Acess Virus Snow which is running 5.0.8.00
    - I am running Windows 10 64 bit

I really need some help to once and for all get this set up.

Many, many thanks advance

Respectfully,

Dan

• Yes, what setting do you have for your VST folder? (In the Folder tab.) would normally be C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins. Can Live see the Virus ASIO plugin? Is it in the drop list? Have you tried it with the Virus as the audio driver, instead of the Focusrite?

Im running a Snow with Ableton 8 and Windows 10 64 bit and had to upgrade to the Beta 5.1.1.0 drivers to get past a Glitching issue, maybe you should consider that, if you can't get 5.0.8 working soon. I've also had to reinstall the Virus drivers multiple times to get past a similar issue to yours, can be frustrating!

Cheers,

EG

• Boys the upgrade to the latest beta fixed it. 3 years of the unit being idle is finally in use. I can finally start to make music again. I always could but I think I just sulked that $1400 AUD was just waisted and I stopped making music :(. I will stick with it this time.

Oh and on another note, after I get everything sorted, my laptop decided to die on me. It wont boot. Seems the SSD/Hard drive has lost it.

Sigh.. Technology.....

Thanks for all the responses by the way.