TI keyboard mysteriously plays notes

• Hi guys, on my TI keyboard with the 3.3 beta OS, the lowest C (and sometimes E I believe) occasionally decides to play itself... a few times at least per day. It's only for a split second, but if I run a midi monitor in the background, it def is playing itself. The key itself feels fine, there's nothing odd about it compared to all the other ones so I'm pretty sure it's not dirt/dust, but who knows!

This is with or without a DAW playing. Any suggestions?

Edit, I'm on 10.6.2, but Ive just found someone who has the exact same problem with 3.3 and Windows... doesn't sound like its a hardware issue anymore, phew :)

• Mostly seems to be the same note for me, tho i couldn't say for sure, i haven't run midi monitor to catch it, just noticed it playing a very short, low note sometimes when i haven't touched the keyboard. It's happened a few times when i haven't even been sitting at the desk anywhere near it, so i doubt it's a physical issue with the keyboard.

It doesn't happen very often tho, i would say if i sit down and spend 2 to 3 hours using it i might notice it happen once or twice at the most usually in that timeframe. However there are some other mystery behaviours i've noticed that i think are related to this issue.

I was using the TI keyboard to control sylenth1 at one stage, and i recall the sylenth patch spontaneously changing on me during play a couple of times, as if the TI had sent a program change sysex in a similar fashion to the mystery note.. So maybe it's not always just a low c but perhaps some other midi data is output more often that can't always be heard, only noticed if something receives it as a meaningful signal, like a patch change.

Another possibly related behaviour is the keyboard transpose, the transpose light on the TI does not change by itself, but suddenly i will find that the notes played are an octave lower. It happens about as often as the mystery note, it's like an infrequent tick in the OS that causes either a low note to play or some strange patch change/transpose message to be sent to whatever is receiving the midi data in the sequencer. I've been using the TI keyboard alot to control a Nexus 2 piano sound recently, and this is where i've noticed the transpose issue happening. It would be really interesting to find out, if the same midi message that is treated as a patch change in sylenth, is treated as a transpose down message in nexus.

For my home recording purposes they are annoying but not detrimental problems, but if you were using the TI in a live stage situation it could be very embarrassing!

• I had this twice so far. Both times, the TI2 Polar was connected via USB, and the DAW (Logic 9) was started with the plug-in running. Both times, it occured, when the machine was just idling around, i.e. I had mixed a song and taken a break for two hours and just left everything running. Suddenly, the Polar caught my attention by producing a note. Doesn't like to be left alone, poor thing... :D

Best regards,

Christian

• Having the same issue, in addition to permanently-stuck-on notes in at least one DAW: http://www.access-music.de/for…?page=Thread&threadID=835

Also may have encountered the transpose issue as well... was programming a patch not too long ago and suddenly notes started playing an octave too high... its like the synth suddenly wigged out. I had to double check all the transpose settings in the patch to make sure the bass was playing as such.

tom