Virus Ti 2 Desktop + Waldorf Blofeld?

• Hi everyone,
    this is my first post so sorry if I violate any rules or post this into the wrong topic.

I'm having a Virus Ti2 Desktop since 5 years and it works properly as always.
    4 Weeks ago I bought a Waldorf Blofeld Desktop Synth and it does not have a USB Audio Output.
    So I tried linking the Blofeld Audio Out into the Virus Input and set the In/Out according to the Manual but won't receive the Audio Signal In Logic Pro X.

My question now is: Is it possible to use the Virus Ti2 Desktop to get the Audio from my Blofeld into Logic via the USB Audio Output or will I need to get an external Interface (I don't own one).
    Or is it possible?
    if yes, what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance

• No, you can't route audio in, into your DAW, through USB, it's only for audio processing through the Virus. You'll need something like a mixer or audio interface that has USB.

P.S: how are you liking the sounds of the Blofeld? Sounds like a good pairing with the Virus, but no USB is a bit of a nuisance!

Cheers,

EG

• No, you can't route audio in, into your DAW, through USB, it's only for audio processing through the Virus. You'll need something like a mixer or audio interface that has USB.

- you can use the virus as your audio interface and audio available from the physical inputs of the virus will also be available in logic. you need to read up on connecting external instruments
    - alternatively you can use side chaining to route audio from the inputs of the virus to the plug-in.
    both is possible, both has advantages and disadvantages butt depending on your workflow you don't need a mixer to connect one external synth.

• Zitat

- you can use the virus as your audio interface and audio available from the physical inputs of the virus will also be available in logic. you need to read up on connecting external instruments
    - alternatively you can use side chaining to route audio from the inputs of the virus to the plug-in.
    both is possible, both has advantages and disadvantages butt depending on your workflow you don't need a mixer to connect one external synth.

how can I do it?
    I'd like to use both at the same time but I wouldn't mind recording them separate either.