Ongoing Sync issues, Logic X - TI2 Desktop

• Hi all,

I've had my TI2 for around 18 months now, bought from new and was so excited to get it going!

I've tried for ages to run through USB and utilize the AU plugin to control the virus but I just cant get it to sync! I've tried every USB hub, disconnected all over devices and even purchased a powered USB hub which hasn't helped. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and even updated to the latest OS which hasn't helped. I've set the plugin to the physical and USB outputs which doesn't change anything.

I am using a 2015 Mac Pro with 32GB ram, SSD, Logic X 10.2.0 with all the settings as per the instruction manual (process buffer etc).

What else can I do? I am dying to unleash this machine and its depressing that I have to stick with MIDI! Do I need a different USB hub? Should I try through Thunderbolt?

Thank you in advance!

C

• first of all, you always should try to connect the Virus directly and if that fails through a hub. the OP mentions a MacPro from 2015, I would assume he means the Mac Pro 2013 (the cylindrical one). I have one myself and the Virus connects just fine. Also, if you use a hub, only connect the Virus to this hub and nothing else.

As for TB3 to USB connectors / converters, most work just fine. I have a Doo Trouper here on a MacBook Pro just to give you an example. The issue with all those USB adapters is that even though you buy the same brand/model this doesn't guarantee that the chips inside are the same. Sometimes you just have to try.

• Doo Trouper

I can't seem to find what ever your talking about here marc ?

Have always had intermittent issues with sync over usb, i'm also desperate to sort this one out.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

2.4 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Currently looking at the best way to connect the virus's usb2-> usb-c thunderbolt.

Which adapter should I go for thats most reliable?

J

• apple usb to tb adapter works

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…