Sync problem with Mac (what hub to buy?)

• Hi all, sorry if this has been posted dozens of times before. I'm having sync problems with Virus TI2 keyboard in VC where if I press the live button the arp is in sync and everything else (2 other parts in virus) playing midi notes is out of sync. And if I turn live button off then the 2 other parts are in sync and arp is out. I can't get the arp and midi notes to sync together.

I know there is supposed to be certain hubs I can buy that solve these issues with Mac, so what one should I buy? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

I'm running:

Late 2012 Macbook pro with yosemite
    Ableton 9
    Focusrite Saffire 6 audio card
    Virus plugged straight into mac USB port

• The problem with using Mac's is that the USB connections are shared internally with other devices, such as Bluetooth and Camera, while I have succesfully used an Elektron Overhub over USB 2.0 (Doesn't work well connected to USB 3.0) what I have found that works the best is a Thunderbolt to USB 3.0 Adapter. This essentially creates a seperate USB 3.0 bus for the Mac and just plug the Virus in, Had issues with lots of crackles, but this has worked the best for me, but the Elektron is fine too.

http://www.officenerd.co.uk/info/startechcom-thunderbolt-to-esata-plus-usb-30-adapt-1145675?gclid=CI_ZmMD2ossCFUko0wodY4kAZg

https://www.elektron.se/accessories/overhub/

• Yes it would work as the Thunderbolt adapt or connects to your Thunderbolt port, not your USB. It essentially turns your Mac into a USB 3.0 compatible computer. I don't have issues really with crackles, might be the odd one once in a while, but nothing like it was before...just tried syncing the Arp as well, no problem there. I picked the Desktop version up recently and it works great, but I did have a Ti Polar years ago, could never get it working...buy one, it's useful just to turn an old USB 2.0 Mac to 3.0 so you can use faster external hard drives etc.

• I bought the startech hub and I can't get this to work atall. VC either tells me that no virus is connected, or when it does connect there is a communication error. I tried updating the virus OS but it couldn't connect. I checked the thunderbolt connection in system report and it's there saying it's connected. Any ideas?