Access is dead ?

• Hello, I'm worried about the future of my dear Virus. The last major Update 4 years back and since nothing new, when synthesizers are booming it's very disquieting.All competitors offer new products while the Virus stagnates. Why ? Access is dead ?
    I think that a new update (OS6) would fun for TI's users.
    The community has a lot of ideas (New Waveforms, possibiliy to use VC on Midi, possibiliy to route Effects Pre or Post Filters, adding curves on User mode in Arp section like Ni Massive, possibiliy to enter notes on Step Sequencer, fix FilterBank section don't work on Matrix)
    I feel that Access is not interested in the future of the Virus.
    Please tell me I'm wrong. :(

PS: Sorry If my English is bad
    Cordially.
    Benoit.

• Access is alive, they reissued right now the Darkstar. But yes, it seems that Virus development is at a dead point, they have no interest for it.
    I just hope that reissueing the Darkstar is a starting point for Access coming back and taking care of its customers.
    Let's hope for the best and some surprise!

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit DAW (Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900)

-Steinberg Cubase 10 + Steinberg CC121 Controller
    -Steinberg MR816 CSX + Behringer ADA8200
    -iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX
    -Clavia Nord Modular G1 Expanded

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X
    https://soundcloud.com/daksha

• I think it's dead however music production technology continues to grow and develop. I am contemplating spending £200.00 on a new VST like serum etc but I would rather pay for an access Virus TI2 update that could bring the synth in line with the newer soft synth. I am not a programmer and have no real concept of the company resources needed to upgrade the current TI software but I would certainly be willing to pay for it as I am sure many users would as well. Look money makes the world go round and if that's what it takes to continue development for the Virus then please sign me up.

• I totally agree!

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• I would love to see some development happening as well! There are plenty of things that could be improved! I don't think the USB1 is fixable but a lot of other stuff is.

However as far as the Darkstar is concerned, it has been available since 2013. I wouldn't say that's a recent release.

• I am sure it is dead. I just ordered the Yamaha Montage which pretty much offers the TI flexibility with DAW control, integration and 16 channels of audio via USB. Yes it is very expensive but it takes a LOT of processing away from my PC. When a heavy hitters like Yamaha gets involved with USB integration coupled with the substantial company resources they have behind them, it really would not make much sense for Access to release another synth to keep up in today's high tech market. Development costs would be sky high and do they have R&D team to do so? I would not sell my Virus however because its still a very good synth but it is what it is. Good luck guys

• Well it's true that they "heavy hitters" like Yamaha are trying to catch up to the Virus, and that the Virus is losing ground in this area, but I doubt that they will ever match the Virus signature sounds. It's not just specs that make these things tick. At the same time, it doesn't mean that Access has the luxury of just sitting around either.

• Well, I tried the Montage at Musikmesse last week and woaaaaaa, it also sounds good!!! Veeeery good! Price apart, just considering the sound, maybe I would swap a Virus for it, to be honest.

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• :) I've only heard the YouTube vids but even those sound great plus the functionality is the game changer. I have never used the Montage AWM2 synth engine and I am quite comfortable with Virus subtractive synthesis that I wouldn't swap - just yet. p,s Dakshra nice soundcloud!!

• Actually I think Elektron would be a nice home for them. I could see a great fusion between the Virus sound and the Elektron sequencers and drum machines. Not sure if they would have enough resources to do it properly or not though...

• Ahaha thanks Funkwavey!

-iConnectivity MIO10
    -Virus TI2 P0lar
    -Waldorf Pulse (1)
    -Waldorf Blofeld

-Yamaha AN1x
    -Yamaha Reface DX

-Moog Minitaur
    -Maschine MK3

-Elektron Octatrack MKII

-Adam A7X

• So gutted to find this thread confirming my fears. I've had dreams of a TI 3 ;p Will it ever happen?
    The virus ti2 has been the main synth of choice over the past 6 years or so. Super diverse! Sonically it sits in such a different place to all other softsynths (perhaps because not many people have a virus compared to the millions of 14 year olds cracking copies of Sylenth). The capabilities when it comes to recording it out live and fucking with all the parameters right in front of you.. I would seriously struggle to get the same results from something like massive + assigning midi knobs. Its getting old but its still next level to me.

Im thinking prophet-12 is the only thing out of the box that seems to be exciting me right now..
    :/

• Their support is not dead...recently contacted them ,continues problems...pops, crackes,midi timing etc....they sent me a script written for me ,,run it on my iMac.......Now my Ti works flawlessly its like a new machine...and considering i brought it second hand......That is really good support....(it did take about 2 weeks for them to get back to me, but the point is they did get back to me...)

• Their support is not dead...recently contacted them ,continues problems...pops, crackes,midi timing etc....they sent me a script written for me ,,run it on my iMac.......Now my Ti works flawlessly its like a new machine...and considering i brought it second hand......That is really good support....(it did take about 2 weeks for them to get back to me, but the point is they did get back to me...)

could you reply with the ticket number please? i cannot believe that it took us two weeks to get back. in fact, we usually reply within a couple of hours.

• Hey Marc .... im not complaining, far from it....(Ticket Number: #SI00132464) i was very happy with the support and wanted to share it with all the negative comments.....as for the wait ,,not a problem,,my point was that i was not forgotten and my problem was worked on and fixed....10 years after the virus was purchased.....