• Hi there, I've decided that I would like to ditch the Virus TI2 USB streaming of audio as I find it too problematic in my current set up.

I would like to ask if I can still edit the software via USB but send the audio out via analog at the same time without having to use MIDI connectors.

I'm not really familiar with Midi and would like to avoid the hassle of having to learning it if possible.

If the above is a work around that can keep my Arps in sync I would be over the moon.

Please help, any suggestions (apart from TI via usb) would be really helpful

• Hey guys,

I've not had a reply and wonder is that because it's a stupid question or is it because the answer will break my heart ?

Can I use virus TI integration software to program MIDI data in my DAW via usb ? My reasoning is that I can then have the audio out via the analog outs and side step all the sync issues since I never use the Virus multi timbrel function any way ?

I hope what The above makes sense

• Are you using the TI as your sound card, or have something else? Do you have other synths you need to keep in sync? Or just the TI2?

You can definitely route your patch output through the analog outs, but all track synching, within your DAW, will still be happening over USB. Therefore, I suspect you'll still get synch issues, with any complex parts or arps. Have you tried that already?

Cheers,

EG

• It's also possible to us Ctrlr (Ctrlr.org) with the Virus Panel to do everything everything over midi or Midi-USB. Then you just send the notes to each channel as normal. I actually tend to run this way anyway because for some reason it sounds better. You just send your tracks to the Virus-Synth midi port.

• Thanks EvilGus for the reply. I am using an RME UCX sound card and would not consider using the Virus for that job. The fact that track syncing will still happen via the USB is a real killer. I am so frustrated with it all. I will have to learn to program the Virus through the hardware which actually defeats the purpose of why I brought the thing in the first place.

Hey Mr Mowgli, thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean in respect to my question. I am still a massive noob when it comes to the Virus and midi :)

I have my fingers crossed and am hoping you have described a way that allows me to use the TI software to send ONLY midi data via USB and hopefully eliminate these sync issues as the virus now no longer has to stream audio through USB 1 connection. I am probably demonstrating my lack of tech know how with that last sentence.

I guess I am asking is can anyone suggest a way that I can use to avoid the sync issues related to complex patches etc – I am prepared to even go down to the Midi route

• Thanks EvilGus for the reply. I am using an RME UCX sound card and would not consider using the Virus for that job. The fact that track syncing will still happen via the USB is a real killer. I am so frustrated with it all. I will have to learn to program the Virus through the hardware which actually defeats the purpose of why I brought the thing in the first place.

are you in touch with support by email? working on your setup might help a lot.