No Virus Control on Mac?

• Does anybody know if I can use Virus Control without a sequencer (such as logic)? There seem to be all kinds of VST plugins on the internet but I'm actually quite amazed that you cannot use VirusControl on a Mac by default for a >2000 Euro piece of equipment. Or am I stupid?

• AFAIK, Virus Control is only available as VST/AU plugin and not as a stand alone application. However, on MacOS X, you can use Apple MainStage as a AU host without sequencing and load the Virus Control AU therein. Works quite well (and MainStage has lots of cool features to offer for live performance, or just messing around with different pieces of equipment in your studio).

HTH

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yes, otherwise you couldn't use it in Logic or MainStage because they work with AU plugins only .

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• What Mac OS X version do you use and what Virus TI Software Suite version did you install?
    Is your Virus on a dedicated USB port, i.e. directly hooked up to the Mac or on a Hub with MTT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hub)?

Best bet would be to start all over with the installer of latest release version 5.0.8.