Exporting Access Virus TI tracks to Audio mixdown in Cubase 8.5

• When I used to use Cubase 4 I could simply get everything how I wanted it and hit Export-Audio mixdown and it would give me a file that I could open in ITunes and I could bore my friends with my track at work whilst I listened for what needed to change and work on it the following night and all was right with the world .
    Try and do that in 8.5 and you will receive the message "Virus TI tracks are not supported in audio mixdown ." Boring or what ?
    So what is the work around ?

1, Set up your access virus TI as an instrument track.
    2, Create several Midi tracks assigned to the Access Virus TI and record each part (midi) on each track .
    3, Create a "group/fx bus and assign the Access Virus TI to it, this is easiest done in the mixer window (Access Virus IN ,assign the group bus output to your main stereo out )
    4, Create a single audio track assigned to receive from the group bus, again assignment is vastly easier in the mixer window .
    5. hit record on your audio track and play one soloed midi track .
    6 repeat 5 until all midi tracks have their own audio track .
    7 Now when you export your mixdown all is well just remember to mute any midi tracks that you have recorded or you will get the message again .

You advanced guys will probably say "yes....Obviously that is how you do it " but for a nube like me I would have loved someone to tell me this a few hours ago .

Hope this helps some of the new guys or old pros who are having an upgrade nightmare .(like me)[*]

• Freeze track could work as well, and should be easier to do. At least that's what I did to get audio tracks of my Sub 37.

Would need an external instrument track for each MIDI channel of the virus. I have to try that...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+