Virus TI2 preset list in PDF

• Hello,

I've grown tired of sync issues with the TI2 arpeggiator when using Virus Control so I switched to a setup where I am using the TI2 in Multi mode. Using S/PDIF in+out for audio, and USB for MIDI (port named Virus Synth). This seems to get rid of this problem — arps are now running fine every time. I am surprised Access did not tackle this problem yet — on stage no one wants the arp to run wild!

However, I now have the problem that I cannot search the large preset list. This was convenient in Virus Control. I found a file called "Patchnames.pdf" but the list is wrong, as it does not match the presets in 5.1.3.0. So I wrote a tool that converts a .vtibackup file to .csv. At the end of the tool chain a PDF came out which I am now sharing with anyone who is interested (see attached file). I did see some people here in the forum asking for text export features or an updated patch list, so here it is.

Also thought about creating a text that can be imported into Logic Pro X (Environment -> Multi instrument -> Options -> Paste All Names) but since LPX only supports 15 banks the Virus banks won't fit.

• Thank you very much!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• So give the VC another try: You already have established the solution: Audio Clocking via SPDIF resolved the Problem of "out of sync" issues. I don't know at what sample rate you use the Virus with what kind of audiointerface, but check first (that means before launching LPX) the audiomidi app (sample rates are shown there) in your System, they should be equal (found out that some weird ways of influence my monitor had, set at 48kHz instead of 44kHz). LPX should be set to the same sample rate. So my interface is set in "slave" mode and also connected via SPDIF with the Virus TI2. The Virus accepts only 44,1 or 48 as far as i

I ran a short cycle/loop (with a little complex notevariation at the end oft he cycle) with the "Banj Arp" Patch and the metronom for over 1 hour. The syncing with the Metronom was perfect.

just a thought if your still on Mojave…

Virus TI2, Prologue 16, Summit, Triton, Modwave, Pro-3, MidiGAL, SQ-1, Midi Trigger Audiowerkstatt, Komplete Kontrol 49, UAD Apollo x6/PCI-E/TwinX, Yanaha HS7 and HS8S, AKG C3000, MacMini 2018 i7 1GB/64Ram, MacBookAir 2017, iPad Pro 2017, Nektar Impact 25, LogicPro, a lot of plugins…

• I can confirm this.

The only way to make digital audio out from the Virus TI2 without sync issues was to do the following:

1. The virus hast to be the master clock (set it to internal)
    2. Your audio interface has to be the slave
    3. Your system has to be running on 48khz (Both the Virus + Your audio interface)
    4. Connect the virus via SP/DIF to your audio interfaec

5. Midi can go both on 5-pin DIN or USB, irrelevant

Everything will work fine.

Things what didn't work:
    1. 44.1khz - constant crackling, clicky noises
    2. Audio interface master clock / virus slave -> constant crackling, clicky noises.

I hope this helps

So give the VC another try: You already have established the solution: Audio Clocking via SPDIF resolved the Problem of "out of sync" issues. I don't know at what sample rate you use the Virus with what kind of audiointerface, but check first (that means before launching LPX) the audiomidi app (sample rates are shown there) in your System, they should be equal (found out that some weird ways of influence my monitor had, set at 48kHz instead of 44kHz). LPX should be set to the same sample rate. So my interface is set in "slave" mode and also connected via SPDIF with the Virus TI2. The Virus accepts only 44,1 or 48 as far as i

I ran a short cycle/loop (with a little complex notevariation at the end oft he cycle) with the "Banj Arp" Patch and the metronom for over 1 hour. The syncing with the Metronom was perfect.

just a thought if your still on Mojave…

• Thanks to Biochill's PDF listing of the PDF Preset list for the firmware release 5.1.3 I've been able to convert the list to CSV.

Due to the manual process I used, errors and omissions might have occured. Feel free to point those out and I'll correct the original document and reload it.

One group of 8 presets was omitted from the PDF and is indicated in the CSV file. If anyone can fill in those spaces feel free to let me know.

By the way. This forum does not allow uploads of CSV files. So I uploaded this CSV file with the 'TXT' suffix. Just change 'TXT' to 'CSV' and you are good to go.

Virus 5.1.3.0. Preset Banks Converted from PDF Change file type to CSV.txt