Virus Ti Desktop using as soundcard as well as Single VST, want to add Moog Sub 37 to the Input and Arturia Microbute.. Can this be done or do i need another Soundcard? Using Ableton with Imac Late 2015. Thanks :-)-

• Hi Guys and Ladies,

I am about to purchase a Sub 37 to add to my setup. At the moment i am using the Virus Ti as a Soundcard because my newly bought Komplete audio 6 soundcard has been glitchy whilst working in Ableton.. Please can someone advise me if it is possible to still use the Virus as a soundcard and use the inputs for the moog and microbrute at the same time or will i need to look at purchasing another soundcard?

Thanks in advance

Kirk
    Ableton / Logic
    Imac 27 Late 2015

• Regarding the Komplete Audio 6: It's odd that it is glitchy in Ableton Live. In my opinion and experience it's one of the most reliable and stable external USB sounds cards out there. Never had a single problem with it for over 3 years using it as soundcard for everything on the Mac (Cubase, Ableton, MainStage, Machine, iTunes, Mac OS X System, etc). You should not need to buy a different sound card. Maybe check the audio buffer settings in Ableton Live.

Regarding the Sub 37: Great synth, go for it!

I have mine hooked up to input 1 of the Virus and enjoy using the effect section of the Virus in Seq Mode oder Multi Mode. However, I don't know how well it will work if the Virus is also used as sound card. My feeling is it could overload the Virus CPU or add too much overall latency to be useful for playing the Sub 37 and Microbrute.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Please can someone advise me if it is possible to still use the Virus as a soundcard and use the inputs for the moog and microbrute at the same time or will i need to look at purchasing another soundcard?

you can use the inputs, they appear as sound card inputs on your Mac.
    nothing lost, in trying it out and seeing if its suitable for your needs ... you can then buy an audio interface if you find its not.