Problems with Glitches / Audio Artefacts

• Hi all, I recently brought a Ti2 and love the sound. However, I have noticed glitches / audio artefacts on a number of occasions and want to know if others have the same issues as me.

I'm not running it via USB only putting the main outs through my octatrack inputs. I basically control the virus through the octatrack.

Seem strange when somethings costs this much to have these issues.

iMac Late 2015 4GHz i7 El Capitan v10.11.4 | Logic Pro X v10.2.2 | Virus Polar Ti2 v5.1.3.0 | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Elektron Analog RYTM v1.30B | Octatrack v1.30 | Overbridge v1.10.1 | MOTU Micro Lite

• Well, it definitely has to do with your hardware setup and what else is is plugged into the Virus.

Usually it comes down to running the virus on it's own dedicated USB host port, or using an MTT USB hub to get all your USB devices on the same speed.

You can also get mr. crackly if you are using a different samplerate for your project and the Virus internal settings, so if your TI is at 44.1k and your project is higher, it;'s possible there might be issues.

And lastly, updating to the latest firmware is a good idea.

See this thread:
    http://www.virus.info/forum/in…y-working-Virus-TI-setup/?

• Thanks for the reply.

Maybe you misread my post, I'm not using the Ti2 via USB, the audio is going straight out into the octatracks inputs.

The sound is perfectly fine is I use say four tracks / parts playing at any one time, the problems seem to happen when I start using another four parts on the Virus.

Is this a Virus DSP issue as there seems to be alot of other posts I've read tonight on the subject.

iMac Late 2015 4GHz i7 El Capitan v10.11.4 | Logic Pro X v10.2.2 | Virus Polar Ti2 v5.1.3.0 | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Elektron Analog RYTM v1.30B | Octatrack v1.30 | Overbridge v1.10.1 | MOTU Micro Lite

• When you're selecting a patch, there is a segmented bar graph on the top right of the ti's display that shows the load/complexity of the patch you are using. The more complex the patch, the more load it puts on the dsp, the more dark squares are shown in the bar graph.

You mentioned that you are pushing about 8 tracks? It is very likely you are running out of dsp. You may want to try and simplify the patchs (like remove reverb, or reduce unison) and use the simplified version during the time that particular sound is not the main focus in the piece. That can help both gaining more dsp, and also have the sound sit better in the mix.

• Hate to be the bringer of bad news... but, one is lucky to get more than 3 tracks from the virus. It simply runs out of polyphony and dsp power, it can't play the notes. Having the 16 parts is handy for loading up different version of a sound for different sections of your track.

You can set the priority of a part by right clicking over the d/m i forget which, near the track number.

• Hate to be the bringer of bad news... but, one is lucky to get more than 3 tracks from the virus. It simply runs out of polyphony and dsp power, it can't play the notes. Having the 16 parts is handy for loading up different version of a sound for different sections of your track. You can set the priority of a part by right clicking over the d/m i forget which, near the track number.

from my experience you can get much more than 3 parts running simultaneously. this entire equation is much more about what you play on a part (how many notes do play in parallel) and also how the notes weave into each other, in other words how much release the patch in question has.
    by the way: unless we know how those glitches sound, it is going to be really difficult to pinpoint toward the root of the problem. could be a simple thing such as to much volume on a part as well.

• from my experience you can get much more than 3 parts running simultaneously. this entire equation is much more about what you play on a part (how many notes do play in parallel) and also how the notes weave into each other, in other words how much release the patch in question has.
    by the way: unless we know how those glitches sound, it is going to be really difficult to pinpoint toward the root of the problem. could be a simple thing such as to much volume on a part as well.

This is very true, i tend to save my simpler sounds for other hardware or VST's, with the TI doing all the heavier patches.