Negative detune for OSC 1 or 2

• In other synths I often use a negative detune the main or upper oscillator to make sounds "darker" by narrowing the octave between the oscillators instead of spreading it. This is especially nice when the lowest osc (osc3/sub) stays in tune to no produce too juch mud in the bass.

It would be nice if there was a negative detune available for OSC1 or a switch to allow changing the detune of OSC2 to negative.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I just had this idea: Use the fixed 1% or 10% source in the Mod Matrix and modulate any OSC pitch with that. Works positive and negative.

Anyway, would be nice to have more detuning options for the oscillators out of the box. :)

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Tried it yesterday evening: Worked like a charm using the 1% mod source!

When doing sound design with VC, it's actually pretty convenient to have one Matrix slot with detune sliders for all thre OSCs. And on the hardware a soft knob can be assigend.

• Found this alternative method also:

https://synthmorph.com/blogs/n…mper-synthesizer-tutorial

"Tip #5: Detuning Osc 1 pitch with an LFO set to square."
    Haven't tried it yet. I assume "increasing or decreasing the amount" is referring to the modulation amount and gives you positive or negative detune. Nothing is said about LFO rate.

I found and tried that as well. It's also found on page 93 in the Virus Tutorial "Programming Analogue Synths" by Howard Scarr. IMO, there are a couple of things not said in this tip. Additional to using a square wave in the LFO, I also had to set the LFO to envelope mode and put the Contour all the way to the left side. Then it worked, which makes sense because it means that the LFO actually is generating a fixed positive value.