FL Studio 12.3 and Virus TI multi /differen mixer channels

• Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is some way to send the 16 MIDI outs to different mixer channels in FL Studio, I remember some time ago this been possible Im checking also the demo project but now all the 16 signalas from Virus, go out to one Mixer channel of FL

Not sure if this is an issue by Acces to avoid support for FL Studio users or an Issue coming from Image Line? is there some way to manage this?

• No, you only have either 2 or 3 outputs over USB, depending on the settings in the Patch/Utility menu of Virus Control. You can have your 16 patches/voices set to output onto any of those 2 or 3 outs, but that's all there is.

EG

• Not sure if this is an issue by Acces to avoid support for FL Studio users or an Issue coming from Image Line? is there some way to manage this?

Fl Studio worked fine until Imageline decided to re-write the delay compensation. As a result we had to make an extra stereo version of our plug-in to support FL Studio at all. Image Line is aware of this. Feel free to remind them that a fix is in order.

• Hello Marc! good morning, thanks so much by this reply! Im trying to find the link for download the extra plugin, but I can't find it, is there some word to look for it easily?

I really appreciate your support and of course I will let them know about your reply, the last words I got from Image Line was than they are fixing also some stuff for the better using of Hardware, but we don't have a date yet

Also I think there can be a misunderstood from both sides, this was one of answers I got from them:

Zitat von "FidelityMusic (IL)"

Hello Dynaudio,

Virus removed support for multi-out functionality in FL Studio because of delay compensation issues. Until FL Studio supports delay compensation for multi-out's they likely won't add that option again.

If I recall correctly, there should be a way to workaround this by editing some registry values for Virus TI 2, but I'm not familiar with the particular instructions.

I will leave the contact of them here because I think is important to connect, maybe between hardware and software developers can be a better understanding:

[email protected]

http://www.image-line.com/comp…tact_request.html?Looking for a collaboration&_ga=1.215605079.1315787224.1469773006

• Ok, at last!!! I have tried to set up the three output channels and it frustrated me a lot!!! Now, if I am understanding it right, i can use only 1 output channel in FL Studio. I really want to use three!!! I will ask FL Studio too, but isn't it possible in another way at this moment?? I can't connect the VST multiple times to the hardware unfortunately.

• Hendrik, as a loyal FL and virus user, allow me to be of assistance:

1. Link your virus software to channel 1
    2. in the virus software, make sure that in the "patch utility" tab you have selected "3 outs/no input"
    3. In the virus software, in the "common" tab, on the first out of 16 channels, select under main out USB 1 L+R
    4. In the virus software, in the "common" tab, on the second out of 16 channels, select under main out USB 2 L+R
    5. In the virus software, in the "common" tab, on the third out of 16 channels, select under main out USB 3 L+R
    Naturally you may use the outs as many times as you like on any of the 16 channels.
    6. In your FL wrapper settings, assign the outs from steps 3-5 to mixer channels. Those are the USB outs. I attach a picture for reference. In my case, usb 1 is linked to channel 1, usb 2 to ch2 and usb3 to ch3. You may also try the automap feature.

Now if you are also using analogue outs, in theory at least (never tried if it works flawlessly) you can get up to 12 mono channels in your FL mixer, by selecting all the possible mono combinations instead of steps 3-5 (i.e. out 1R, out 1L....usb 3L, usb 3R)
    ...or 6 stereo channels by selecting all 6 stero combinations (i.e. like steps 3-5 above and out1LR, out 2LR, out 3LR)

Hope this helps!

• I have had the same issue and I could only see one out the other 2 are not even present to select.
    Is there something I am missing?

You probably selected the FL Stereo version when you first used it in FL. If so, you can fix it by going into you system registry in Windows and changing this value:

go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Access Music\Virus TI\Virus Control

Look for "Fl10StereoVersion" and change its value to 0 (it will be set to 1 probably). Double-click the entry to edit it.

If you don't know how to access the registry, do a quick search in Windows and type Regedit and your system registry will pop up.

Next time you load Virus Control in FL you may get an error message about delay compensation in FL. If you do, press "Cancel" - Virus will load and your 3 outputs will be restored.

See my posts on this page at KVR from a long time ago about this for more info.
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6183130

• It works a lot better than in FL10, though still not perfect.

However, my advice above should restore the multiple outputs in the FL Studio Wrapper for anyone 'tricked' into applying the Stereo version by the 'error message'.

I use my Ti2 in almost all my songs in FL, works fine with a little tweaking and careful planning of track assignment.