Windows 10 x64 and Blue Screen of Death - USB problem

• Hi All,

Just wanted to contribute my BSOD problem I am having in Windows 10 x64 bit. I've already contacted support, and I've given them all the info they need to further investigate this issue. Which was passed along to the engineers to figure out.

I have no problems until I put my virus to sleep or unplug the USB connection. Once I do either I get a BSOD. My log files indicate the following:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\083116-7984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: virususb.sys (VirusUSB+0x2184B)
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFA88040398B30, 0xFFFFA880401F3FA0, 0xFFFFF802C4E5184B)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\virususb.sys
    product: access Virus USB Audio Driver
    company: access
    description: access Virus USB Audio
    Driver Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: virususb.sys (access
    Virus USB Audio Driver, access).
    Google query: access UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

So it is clearly caused from the virususb.sys driver somehow.

Can anyone confirm that they can put the virus to sleep or unplug USB on the latest Windows 10 x64 OS without getting a BSOD?

Thanks!

• of course. if everybody would have the problem, it would have been addressed by now. please contact support by email. they'll help you out.

Hi Marc,

I did contact support, and they passed along my logs to the engineers. So no solution yet. Just wondering if someone on the absolute latest Win 10 x64 OS can confirm its working, or help to troubleshoot my issue.

Thanks!

• Another update:
    I can get things to work completely normally when using a USB 3 port. USB 2 will consistently crash. At this point I'm assuming it's some sort of incompatibility with my ASUS motherboard. But it used to work at some point before Windows 10...

• i am having this issue too myself, it happened the very moment i plugged in the virus for the first time, or sometimes at random when i turn it on, it instantly bsod the system pointing at the driver used by Virus ti 2.
    i suspect there is some issues with usb, i have an asrock z77 x4.

latest version of win 10

• Another update:
    I can get things to work completely normally when using a USB 3 port. USB 2 will consistently crash. At this point I'm assuming it's some sort of incompatibility with my ASUS motherboard. But it used to work at some point before Windows 10...

try to find an update for your motherboard USB drivers. in many cases, that will help.

• I had (once again) that issue when W10 tried to update to "creators update". It couldn't complete the installation and rolled back. Way to go, Access!

This has gone on for years, was never addressed, it's the only (yes) driver that is buggy in my system, bare none. Just BSOD'ed a few days ago as well, while working in Cubase 9.

This is ridiculous.

• I am having the same issue. BSOD when I switch off the Virus TI after installing 5.1.7.0. My virus is connected to a dedicated USB card. Tried connecteting it to one of the mainboards USB ports, still same issue. I uninstalled everything and tried reinstalling 5.1.1.0. Then when you go to Virus control center it said the virus needs to be updated but again a BSOD when you click on OK.

Very annoying and I don't know what to do now next. Guess I'll just have to use MIDI only from now on.

• I have the same problems. Virus TI version 5.1.7.0 and Windows 10 x64 full updated and all mainboard driver and bios up to date . When i switch on or off my Virus TI i also have a BSOD.

Please release a working driver to solve the problem.