TI Snow in Logic Express 9 - basic help needed please!

• I use DP7 for most of my production jobs, but because the Virus TI is pretty chaotic in DP I recently bought Logic Express 9 with a view to learning the app and eventually moving more of my work into Logic (Pro... eventually).

It's early days with Logic, I like a lot of what I see, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use my Snow with it, at least in a way that seems logical for me. I have checked out the Logic pdf on http://www.access-music.de, but this describes a full blown TI being used in Logic 7 - not very relevant, and I've no way of opening the tutorial song either.

What I'm doing so far is creating a new Audio Instrument track in Logic 9, clicking the multi-timbral option, and typing in '4' for the number of parts. I then get 4 new tracks in the Arrange window, and after I've instantiated the Snow on one of them, record-enabling each addresses the snow's 4 parts individually.

So far so good.

But now, here's what I don't understand. In the Logic Mixer I only see one channel for the snow. Hmmm - was really hoping to be able to set level and pan for the Snow channels in Logic's mixer, rather than have to use the sliders in the Virus Control UI.

What I tried in an effort to solve this problem was something that would be more familiar to DP users - create one audio instrument track for the Snow, and drive it from 4 'external midi' tracks, with their ports set to 'Virus TI Snow Synth'. That gives me separate faders in the Mixer, and separate track lanes in the Arrange window, but it doesn't work - I can never actually play the Snow using these tracks.

I have a horrible suspicion that this is going to end up like using the Virus TI in Ableton Live. Again, I love the app in other ways, but the fact that it can't provide true multiple MIDI tracks for a single multi-timbral plug-in, actually capable of sending cc 7 and 10 values, so you can mix all four Snow channels in the clip view... that drives me up the wall! Surely Logic offers some way of accommodating the Snow, with four Arrange window track lanes, and four Mixer channels...?

I'm hoping this is my inexperience showing through, and there's a nice solution. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Robin

• Did you look at the tutorial for Logic that comes with the manual? I think it describes how to get an individual audio track per instrument in Logic on pages 7 and 8. You have to create the plugin as a multi-channel plugin. From the manual:

"6 - Mixing and Routing
    You might have already spotted that the Logic tutorial song uses the Virus Control mc. “mc” stands for Multi Channel. In order to make use of the additional audio channels you need to create an Aux object in Logic’s environment.

Track 5 of the Tutorial session (“Dub Pad”) sends it’s audio to USB2 instead of USB1. As a result, the multi-channel version of the Virus Control plug-in can output this particular part on an Aux bus instead of the instrument’s main outs. You can switch the output assignment of a part in Common > Output > Main Outs drop-down menu as shown in Step Four."