Keys not working on TI2 Keyboard

• Hello everyone,

8 middle keys stopped working on my TI2, 61 (out of the blue). Specifically keys G#3 - D#4. Current Virus OS is 5.1.3.0. I have successfully reinstalled the OS through the control center, as well as done a "Arp/Edit" factory reset. Neither of these things helped so far. The 8 keys in question also do not work in 'standalone' mode playing the virus, or in USB mode as a controller, and also do not output anything via midi. I am stuck and do not know what to do. Has anyone encountered this before? Any workaround? I found this post from January 2016 with no solution posted. I opted to post a new forum vs necroing an old thread.

Any ides or solutions are greatly appreciated!

http://www.virus.info/forum/in…Bnot%2Bworking&#post30987

• may want to try cleaning the key contacts. The couple times that I've had keys stop working on a Virus were due to dirty contacts.

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• The keyboard has a couple of cables and plugs connecting to the main board, maybe it's possible that one of these has worked loose, with age. It's not too difficult to dismantle the TI and check things like that, or check specific things on the key-bed, but not everyone is comfortable doing that.

EG

• Not even 48 hours back from repair and the exact same thing happened with the same 8 keys :-/

I appreciate the comments to help, thank you. However it still under warranty and I'm not comfortable breaking the seal to open the unit. This is going to be the 3rd repair for the same thing in 10 weeks. ||