Newbie questions - On-the-fly tempo adjustment/Softkeys?/Hold mode for pads?

• Hi, folks,

I just got my Virus TI2 yesterday, and was up until the late hours of the morning learning how to use it... figured out a lot of things, but I'm wondering (I couldn't find this, anywhere)... is there a way to adjust the tempo of a patch (mostly arpeggios/sequences), on-the-fly, that doesn't involve using the tap tempo? I was trying to assign it to a soft key... I saw something in the softkey assignment where you could name something "tempo", but in the actual param selection, I couldn't find anything that would correspond.

Also, is there a way to create a hold-mode for patches that aren't arpeggios? I do a lot of minimalist/ambient, and I'd love to be able to have the ability to hold a pad, like we can with arpeggios.

Thanks!

• Hold mode is available, both in VC or on the keyboard.

Patch tempo can be adjusted via automation or by "Shift-Env Attack" I think! Not at TI just now so can't remember exactly, but it is SHIFT plus one of the Envelope buttons.

On my original TI there are additional button functions for the SHIFT key written underneath the regular function - but the colour is dark red against the black background of the TI which makes it hard to even see let alone read. You may not have noticed this.

Hope it helps.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Also, is there a way to create a hold-mode for patches that aren't arpeggios? I do a lot of minimalist/ambient, and I'd love to be able to have the ability to hold a pad, like we can with arpeggios.

You mean key latch? If that was available, I'd love to know as well!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Patch tempo can be adjusted via automation or by "Shift-Env Attack" I think! Not at TI just now so can't remember exactly, but it is SHIFT plus one of the Envelope buttons.

Cool tip! It's on the Amp Env Release knob. Amp Env Attack is Patch Volume.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Hold mode is available, both in VC or on the keyboard.

Patch tempo can be adjusted via automation or by "Shift-Env Attack" I think! Not at TI just now so can't remember exactly, but it is SHIFT plus one of the Envelope buttons.

On my original TI…

How does one turn on Hold mode?

So, there's no way to just adjust tempo with just one dial (as, I can't hold a button and a knob while playing). I notice that when I use my Korg minilogue as my controller, the tempo knob seems to work perfect... unfortunately, that's not the controller I generaly use for this.

• How does one turn on Hold mode?

So, there's no way to just adjust tempo with just one dial (as, I can't hold a button and a knob while playing). I notice that when I use my Korg minilogue as my controller, the tempo knob seems to work perfect... unfortunately, that's not the controller I generaly use for this.

There's a HOLD button in the ARP tab of VC, and it is SHIFT+Arp-On on the keyboard.

I am not sure what's happening here as this is usually controlled by my DAW or a master clock. So, apologies, I can't help you on that one.

Mac OSX Yosemite