New (probably better) macOS Sierra 10.12 FIX !

• Does that mean it works without any hack in OSX 10.12.1 ?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I did a fresh 10.12.1 Install today. tried your hack, and it doesn't work anymore.

It would be very surprising that a fresh install (or even 10.12.1 compared to 10.12.0) makes any difference.
    Did you use the same Virus driver installer, 5.1.3.0v2 ?
    What do you mean doesn't work, any errors ?
    What do "ls -l /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI" and "file /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI" say ?
    You should see "-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 406960" and "Mach-O 64-bit kext bundle x86_64", respectively

• When I say it doesn't work is that the TI interface does not apear when I open the plugin. I did use 5.1.3.0v2.

what I get is ''-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 842884 1 okt 2014 /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI'' and

''file /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64: Mach-O 64-bit kext bundle x86_64] [i386: Mach-O object i386]

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit kext bundle x86_64

/Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI (for architecture i386): Mach-O object i386''

• hm weird, disabling the SIP, running your terminal lines again, and then enabling the SIP again, makes the virus work.
    Now when I run ''ls -l /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI'' it does say ''root wheel 406960'', instead of root wheel 842884

• Zitat

hm weird, disabling the SIP, running your terminal lines again, and then enabling the SIP again, makes the virus work.

i think that was the work around documented in this thread: disable SIP > make changes on the terminal > enable SIP

• hm weird, disabling the SIP, running your terminal lines again, and then enabling the SIP again, makes the virus work.
    Now when I run ''ls -l /Library/Extensions/AccessVirusTI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AccessVirusTI'' it does say ''root wheel 406960'', instead of root wheel 842884

Hmm interesting, if the size was "842884" then it definitely didn't work. Did the line with "ditto" give you any error messages when you tried ?
    That could mean that *on a fresh install only*, SIP prevents you from making manual changes like this inside /Library/Extensions... so you'd need to disable it temporarily.
    However, this is a very weird theory and I don't believe it's the real explanation (I definitely had SIP enabled when I did this hack).
    Are you sure you didn't make a typo when you tried at first ? :)

Anyway, time to watch the Apple keynote with the new Macbook Pros now :D

• I hope it will not clash with version with workaround steps applied.

Can't blame Access for that though if it does. If you are going to install the beta, I'd revert to what you had prior to your temporary fix, because surely that is what it must be... a temporary fix.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• the plug-ins etc will be overwritten, tweaks on macOS are outside the scope of our software or the installer. we are not testing against the workaround published here.

As you must have seen Marc, the workaround acted on the driver file itself, no other macOS tweak was needed.
    So the new installer just overwrites the old driver, there is nothing else to test against.