Adjusting volume in real time for one multi part?

• I am curious about this too, great question. I know patch volume is on Shift-Amp Envelope Attack, maybe that can be assigned to one of the three softkeys? Not at Virus just now so can't check.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Part volume would be CC 7 on the respective MIDI channel. To control Part volume, you can use either a different MIDI controller, or put the Virus into Remote mode so that it's a a MIDI controller and set up all knobs to send MIDI CCs.

Patch
    volume is stored in the patch and can be controlled via Soft Keys. The part for the patch which you want to control must be active for that to work.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• So does that mean I should have edit mode already cued up before I start playing?

No need for edit mode. In a multi, there's always one part that is selected and can be directly controlled by the hardware. So after you select your multi, you have to select the proper part (via the Part buttons) to be able to use the soft knobs to control the patch loaded in that that part.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• BTW the Multi remembers the Part which was active when it was saved.

• Part volume would be CC 7 on the respective MIDI channel. To control Part volume, you can use either a different MIDI controller, or put the Virus into Remote mode so that it's a a MIDI controller and set up all knobs to send MIDI CCs.

Patch
    volume is stored in the patch and can be controlled via Soft Keys. The part for the patch which you want to control must be active for that to work.

CC7 dosen't seem to work for mult & multi single mode. Is there another CC?

• CC7 corresponds to CC A7 on the Virus (page A, #7). For this to be changeable via MIDI CC, it has to be set to "Page A: Controller Data" in the config settings. Is that the case for you or is it set to SysEx?

hi yes I've set it to Controller Data in the settings and not sysex...

There is a Patch Volume in Page C (C 39) , but I do not know how to control this via a MIDI Controller as its not a CC controlled parameter , any chance you know a way around this? Thanks

• Reference Manual p 119:

Zitat

Multi Mode Parameters

Volume RX

Disabled, Enabled: Specifies whether the Part will respond to MIDI CC#7 (Volume).