Factory Alarm Sound Request

• So I spend the major part of the last Sunday trying to re-create a Factory Alarm sound sample as a patch for the Virus TI.

Looking at the waveform of the sound, I thought that FM should work to get there. And I managed to get close but still it's missing vital characteristics like the proper harmonic structure and the distinct metallic clang.

The original samples and my attempts can be found in the attached zip. Any help or hints is greatly appreciated.

Dateien

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• 9 Downloads of the example patches and no comments so far... :(

Too hard? Too easy?

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Yes, thanks. I actually tried more of the various FM options. And I can get some of the character, but what is missing are the strongly detuned harmonics and the chaotic behavior. The spectrum is very distinct for those siren/alarm style sounds. I think a comb filter (in the OSC filter section) would help a lot.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()