After 10 years of dreaming i got a TI 2 and now is on eBAY!

• As the title says, i was dreaming of having a Virus, finally got the TI2 Desktop
    back in July brand new...turned it on just to discover that is the biggest piece of
    c&^p and i own/owned over 35 different Keyboard in my career. Now, to be honest
    not the synth it self but the TI c&^p. I went on the internet and googled and realized
    that every single owner of a TI has the same exact problem with the Software.
    It makes me think, what is wrong with THESE people at Access Music, the do not
    see all the complaints?...Ok enough with ranting:
    It is on eBay for sale now...but...is there a Savior of some kind that i do not have
    to part ways with this? Except MIDI Quest 11, anything else out there that can help?
    I downloaded CTRLR but there is no way to find a panel for TI.

Thanks

• Very little information which we could use to help you.
    OS? DAW? Hardware?
    What issues?

I have to admit I got very frustrated when I first tried to wrap my head around all the Virus TI features. And stumbled several times. Also ran into serious bugs. However, the sound is great, the hardware feels great, and after some fiddling the TI components started to behave. It's also a process to adapt and learn to live with the limitations. For some it works, for others not so. But I guess that was true for a Moog Modular as well.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• There is definitely one alternative to Virus Control that people seem to love. Mystery Islands makes a midi only plugin. I ended up being happy with the TI aspect of this synth and never got around to trying it. I bet you can find a Logic Environment or build one yourself too if that’s the DAW you use.

Even without the use of an editor, which i did for years, there's enough knobs on this guy that it's not really all that necessary for me.

• I do fall into the huge pile of people who have had problems but mostly my TI is working.

Dedicated USB and hub, AND IRQ, with priority increased in Regedit. For some unknown reason when I upgraded to W10, the dedicated USB and Hub would no longer work with out summoning Mr Crackles. After further inspection I discovered that that specific USB was sharing IRQ with my Graphics Card.

I'm not sure of the correct fixes and work arounds through Access support but next time everything goes Snap Crackle and Pop, I will be opening a ticket, I'd love to know what they say.

I've owned the TI since release. Dreaming of the C, when the TI came out it was an instant buy.

• Thank you Guys,
    here is the case...the same exact thing happens between Virus and AK. I just got an Elektron AK.
    Once it is detected the Computer blocks and freezes. I restart it and it tells me ,,OVERCLOCK
    FAILED''. That i know what it is and i deal with it, its audo OverClock, no need to go thru the
    discussion of overclocking, i mentioned it just for the point of that Virus and AK both begave
    exactly the same. This MoBo has a lot of ports, i downloaded the USB TREE App and checked
    all the ports, found a controller that had nothing on it, 2.0 and connected Elektron. Same thing.
    All that is left to try is to disconnect anything that is USB and the Dongles...eLicenser and iLok
    and then just try Elektron and the Mouse and Keyboard...this will get deeper and more detailed
    since i had few USB problems in the past too, even with just using regular MIDI.
    So basically this happens on Total Integration and OverBridge, EXACT same problem and symptoms.

This is what my USB Tree looks like:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i67.tinypic.com/oa108k.jpg]

Thanks

• i can tell u something
    i thought like u more than ten years ago that i wanted virus and nord lead.
    after more than ten years i got both but im really hate the nord lead 4 .
    the virus is more easy and friendly and what a sound engine the virus got .
    just wow.

• I received my Polar this week and I am quite impressed. First, the build quality and quality control are outstanding. My Polar is flawless. Second, the sound is extraordinary. I know that these synths are very divisive. Some people love them and other cannot understand how someone can spend so much for a synth. I understand. In fact I ordered a Darkstar today...........

Mine functions perfectly. It all works ------ I use Windows 10 and Reaper. I am impressed with the design and function. I have several other synths and this stands up with the best of them.