TI 2 Desktop problems with MIDI

• Hi All, my TI 2 Desktop was working perfectly fine, yesterday i added an RME FireFace UFX
    and an Elektron Analog Keys and today i did some cleanup in the studio. After all setup i use
    the UFX Box as a MIDI Interface too. MIDI 2 goes to my Modular and MIDI 1 to Virus.
    But the Virus has big problems, simply the MIDI is screwed, stuck, non responsive, very low
    notes, most of the times nothing...but if you play the Demo Mode that sounds fine. Then i took
    that MIDI Cable and tried the Analog Keys, worked fine, trued the Modular, worked fine. Then
    i took the Modular Cable that worked fine into the Virus, same thing, problems. I know the problem
    is in the Virus here and i have no clue what it can be, i did the reset too, nothing changed.
    Look at the video to understand better:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

And no, there is no MIDI Out of the Virus back to the interface, just out of Interface to MIDI In.

Thanks

• Not very informative, this video, because we cannot see the settings of the Virus nor the settings in Cubase. But we can see that notes get played and the transpose buttons work.

Couple of questions:

- MIDI via USB or MIDI cable?
    - What mode is the Virus in? Single, Multi, Sequencer? (I guess multi)
    - What preset are you using to test the Virus?
    - Did you check the transpose of the preset?
    - Did you try different presets?
    - Did you check the transpose of the Multi's part?
    - Did you check the transpose of the MIDI channel in Cubase?
    - Did you check the transpose of the Keyboard?
    - Did you try the preset preview function? It should play a preset at C3 without transposing.

Maybe your answers will give us hints what to try next...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Hey Oli, thanks, everything is already explained in the above post.
    Its in any Mode or any presets, does not matter what Transpose
    and no it has nothing to do with Cubase, everything works fine
    everywhere with everything, even the Virus, only problem is Virus
    and RME MIDI do not like each other.

Thanks

• Well, what you are saying is technically not possible. Some device in the signal chain must be responsible for the transposition. A MIDI note pitch cannot be changed by the cable or a bad connector.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Can you determine how much the notes are transposed, and whether the transposition is constant?

• No i can't because it is all random, with a lot of stuck notes and also sometimes randomly not responding.
    I mean if you look at the video, at the point you can not determine or test anything, the whole thing is being
    locked by MIDI and you have no control over it whatsoever.

• The RME FireFace UFX offers Hi-Speed MIDI. Whatever that means, I'd guess it's not comparible with the Virus TI's ten year old MIDI port drivers.

No time to do a full research now, but if you can switch that off, I bet your TI will behave again.

• there is no such thing as a high speed MIDI standard using conventional MIDI connections.

From the RME UFX manual: "2 x MIDI I/O, 32 Channels high-speed Low-Jitter MIDI". Whatever that means.

What BasariStudios describes sounds to me like dropped MIDI data packages. Could also be because there are way too many events on that MIDI bus. I had a similar issue with my Sub37 going nuts until I realised that the DAW flooded the MIDI bus with MIDI clock events... so maybe it would be good to find a way to look a the MIDI events on that port.

• TI OS 5.1.x (depending on your computer OS)

Can you do a pic of the 1.1.0 you see? AFAIK, the earliest TI OS started at version 2.x.

• Hey Oli, thanks, everything is already explained in the above post.
    Its in any Mode or any presets, does not matter what Transpose
    and no it has nothing to do with Cubase, everything works fine
    everywhere with everything, even the Virus, only problem is Virus
    and RME MIDI do not like each other.

Thanks

i did something, that made my friends brand new super soundcard/midi work - go into bios, and turn of all kind of power preservation, all of it.
    it makes usb ports go on/off, and now - end of synths! turn also off all kind apower savers in windows. same thing happens.

switching it off in bios, made the impossible card work instantly