Question about external sync from tap tempo pedal

• Hey, folks

Another day, another question.

I'm thinking of a way I can sync all of my instruments and pedals (including a TI desktop, several Strymon pedals, an Eventide H9, and a Korg Minilogue), with a midi tap tempo pedal. Should be pretty easy, as I'd also have a splitter so I can send it out to all of the devices. Here's the dilemma, though... I have midi controller hooked up to my TI desktop that doesn't have MIDI ins, just outs. How can I get the midi timecode from the pedal to the Virus, considering my controller's already using the MIDI IN port? Going into the MIDI Thru wouldn't be possible, would it?

Thanks. :D

• You need to merge the MIDI of the controller and that of the tap pedal (what model?).
    So you could use a merge box right before the Virus, or use some other part of your gear which has several MIDI Ins before the split box.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Oh, I was actually asking about the pedal.

Using MIDI by itself is going to introduce latency by the nature of it. It is a serial protocol at a rather slow speed.

A MIDI merger will not introduce more latency than daisy chaining MIDI devices by using IN and OUT. Naturally the quality of the device does matter.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()