Map Env follower parameters

• Been making some effect chains in my snow and started to toy around with the env follower, which I have yet to get my head around since I cannot really hear it do anything apart from attenuating the volume when bringing in the "level". Regardless of how my modmatrix looks (as the env follower is replacing the filter env as far as I can tell - I was expecting things to happen when I was routing that to affect various stuff). Did anyone get it to work?

Also, is there a way to map the three Env follower parameters: "level", "attack" and "release" to either the softknobs, mod matrix or to control it with external midi somehow? Can't find the names listed in there, but maybe I overlooked something.

• Hi icon

The envelope follower basically allows you to input sound and convert it into a control signal.

To do a starting patch, load an init patch and go to FX 1 section.
    The INPUT (the normal input, above env follower) should be off.
    ENV Follower: Set input to In L+R and level to around 90. The level is the sensitivity towards the incoming signal. At this stage the filter envelope is disabled.
    In the mod matrix set as mod. source "Filter Envelope" and a desired destination, for example OSC pitch and set amount all the way to positive. Hit a key & tweak to taste! Really bizarre things can happen...

I might be wrong but I don't think you can map these parameters though - its more of a live thing.

• Thank you for the reply! Yeah I have figured out something similar (just managed to do it when disabling internal oscs and processing the incoming signal, not sure why). That's a bit of a shortcoming then, or maybe it is not too bad? I was planning to send sounds from my octatrack through it, so no menu diving on the virus is to prefer.