Question on Maschine integration

• Did you have a look at that page? You can select USB outputs 1&2,3&4, 5&6

I think the question is not about the outputs, but how to control the part volume via MIDI. It should work right away...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I wasnt bashing maschine mate im glad it works well for you
    as I stated, I think it's a great piece of kit for intended purposes. I got rid of mine,
    each to there own I guess and how you use stuff. I really liked mine when I had it,but there's not much it could do for me personally that I couldn't do with other software I had at the time. i don't do live stuff and needed monitors more than maschine at the time. It's not the best host for the virus was what I was pointing out and never really was designed to be.
    But ye you are right, like I also said I would deffo run maschine in logic along side the virus in logic.

OP
    im not sure if you can do that i haven't used logic for some years so I can't remember off the top of my head
    but I'm pretty sure you will either have to automate the volumes in virus control plugin itself for each partor add the utility gain tool as an insert on the channel and automate that instead. Maybe someone with the same current setup will chime in.

• Zeus, The gain utility plug-in is useful if you're overloading the input of another plug-in for instance.

Here's the answer and since there are only 3 outs on the Virus, you're limited to only being able to control the volume of 3 of the sounds for virus. Pretty lame if you ask me. Maybe all hardware synths are like this but I'm not impressed.

1.Load virus once as a multi instrument (which it looks like you've done).
    2. In the mixer, create an aux for as many outs as you need. Make sure each patch in the Virus is set to output to different tracks (limit of 3)
    3. Select each Aux in the mixer and create a track for each (control + T). This will create a track in the main window, where you can adjust level/pan etc.
    4. Select the aux's in the arrange to play/record each sound.

• As I said: You want to automate the volume of the part via MIDI. You can do that for all 16 parts.

Most synths don't even have more than a stereo out.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• the underlaying issue here might be that Logic doesn't necessarily forward CC07 (Volume) to a plug-in. Instead this controller remotes the volume fader of the channel strip in question. If you'd like to control the part volume on your Virus do the following:

put automation in WRITE or TOUCH mode, playback the song and move a volume fader in Virus Control. you'll generate an automation lane which controls the volume in question. then you just draw or record the volume changes. make sure you write region based automation, this way you can easily move regions around at a later state (i didn't do that in the example project attacked).

i've attached a video and a sample project for you. all this has nothing to do with age but experience. give it some time. we all did at one point.

• So take maschine out of the equation for now. The issue I'm having now is that I load up virus in logic, I have selected 4 tracks when I load the software plugin. I put 4 different sounds I can hear by selecting either 1,2,3,4 track in logic. The issue is I am trying to get separate volume controls for each. I added 2 additional aux in the mixer section. When I move the volume next to the track, it moves all 4 sliders. How do I get this to be independent of one another.

Sorry guys, I'm not very smart with this stuff.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15401125_1835095966767632_646409804801409388_n.jpg?oh=a4d26b951101b8ce9254d7339ae83b2e&oe=58ED2970]

Hi James - to change the volumes of each Virus track, use the patch volume sliders in each of the 16 tracks in Virus Control - currently in your pic, they are all the same value and you can see them under the Load/Save buttons for each part.

When you add the additional Aux to use the extra 3 stereo outs from the Virus, the sliders in Logic amend the volume for ALL patches using that Aux. So - the way you amend volume on each Virus part is in VC.

Hope this helps.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• I'm 48, been doing MIDI since the dang 80's and Maschine STILL confuses me. To be honest, you're better off using Maschine as a loop creation station and flying those stems (drag and drop, easy!) into Logic and continue Ti2 integration from there. Maschine is an amazing product, but it's NOT a friendly multitimbral VST in other DAWs and it's NOT a great place to host VSTs outside of the NI universe.

Just my 2¢

• The problem with maschine in Logic, is having to drag each pattern in one at a time. Then it creates a ton of other piano and trumpet tracks and crap as I might have mentioned after you drag in a pattern. That's not a big deal to delete those extra tracks, but dragging in one pattern at a time when you have a shit ton of patterns and scenes is ridiculous.
    I just build the drums in maschine and leave them in maschine and then export the separate sounds after, bounce the virus tracks, then import all of those into a new Logic project and do the mixing. The workflow is terrible in this configuration.

I'm trying to see if going to something like FL Studio to do the drums would be more efficient. I believe FL studio is not officially supported with the Virus, but have seen some threads on here about people doing that.

• The problem with maschine in Logic, is having to drag each pattern in one at a time. Then it creates a ton of other piano and trumpet tracks and crap as I might have mentioned after you drag in a pattern. That's not a big deal to delete those extra tracks, but dragging in one pattern at a time when you have a shit ton of patterns and scenes is ridiculous.
    I just build the drums in maschine and leave them in maschine and then export the separate sounds after, bounce the virus tracks, then import all of those into a new Logic project and do the mixing. The workflow is terrible in this configuration.

I'm trying to see if going to something like FL Studio to do the drums would be more efficient. I believe FL studio is not officially supported with the Virus, but have seen some threads on here about people doing that.

I got rid of my Machine MIKRO for that very reason. it's easier for me to use either (1) Logic, (2) Virus or (3) my KORG for creation of new drum loops. It was a great piece of kit, but very quickly became totally unused and wasting space in my rig.

I just wish I could power up my DR880, it just won't turn on!!

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Seems I'm in the minority in complaining about the integration of this thing with DAW's.

I'm ready to ditch the maschine. I'll keep it, just not for what I'm trying to do, which is produce songs. The workflow inside Logic sucks with Maschine.

What are other people using as far as drum programming within logic? I know there's some built in programs, but they are weak. That's kind of all I'm using the maschine for, drums and some sound effect, stabs, loops.