virus ti desktop display explained

• Once for all :) That is the DSP use meter, it shows the complexity of a patch. The manual refers to it talking about polyphony consumption

Ok i asked because i have a problem...usually it peakes at 3-4 bars suddenly goes down to 1 and comes back now that s when my synth get s lost usually out of sync or it doesn t play back the midi notes at all .I m running cubase 5 on a quad pc win 7 x64 and the latest virus driver...soundcards asio buffer size its 256 samples

Any toughts on what is happening?

Best regards Adam!!! :)

• Once for all :) That is the DSP use meter, it shows the complexity of a patch. The manual refers to it talking about polyphony consumption

Yes, the symbol is documented in the About Polyphony section of the Quickstart Manual:

Zitat

To help give you a rough idea of how many voices you can expect to achieve with your chosen patch, we have provided a patch complexity meter in the top right hand side of the display.
    There are five levels of complexity, with level 1 being the least complex, and hence allowing for the highest voice-counts.

But, although I have read the whole manual cover to cover, I had forgotten that. So I had to find this this thread to tell me what the symbol means. The problem with what appears to be that only reference to the patch complexity meter symbol in either of the main manuals is that it helps if you already have some idea what the symbol might mean when looking it up in the manuals. So may I make a suggestion for future versions of the Quickstart Manual? It would be great if there were to be a section, probably near the beginning of the manual, that provided a guide to the display, or at least to its main page.

In the mean time, here are a couple of other symbols whose meaning I think I know, though I cannot find where they might be documented in the manuals. In thread http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1495, Marc says

Zitat

the virus shows a little note symbol when it receives a midi note.

Sure enough, when I play a note on a MIDI keyboard that I have plugged into my Virus TI2, a crotchet (quarter-note) symbol appears in the bottom right of the Virus's display. Also, when the Virus receives a control change message via its MIDI In socket, a round symbol, mostly dark but with a light splodge in its top left, appears in the bottom right of the Virus's display. (I have no idea what that symbol is supposed to be a picture of!)

Simon

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional