Lack of Virus TI problems...ever.

• I constantly check to see if Access is still alive and in doing so recently I noticed in the forum a lot of people seem to be complaining about the VST side of things.
    I Have had my Polar TI since 05 and have not had a single problem, running both Mac and PC. To this day I think the thing is just rock solid. Awesome sound.
    I run Ableton on Mac and PC and it runs beautifully. Desktops, laptops..doesn't matter. I wish they would upgrade it a little. Or do something!;)
    Just My two cents. Peace.

• I constantly check to see if Access is still alive and in doing so recently I noticed in the forum a lot of people seem to be complaining about the VST side of things.
    I Have had my Polar TI since 05 and have not had a single problem, running both Mac and PC. To this day I think the thing is just rock solid. Awesome sound.
    I run Ableton on Mac and PC and it runs beautifully. Desktops, laptops..doesn't matter. I wish they would upgrade it a little. Or do something!;)
    Just My two cents. Peace.

thanks for posting this. feels good. i know, reading through the forum one can get the impression that nothing works. at the same time, i cannot remember when i've posted "everything works fine" somewhere the last time myself :) - we have a pretty good inside on how things work by offsetting the amount of issues reported to email support in relation to the amount of units sold over time. if one looks at those figures, one can get a much more positive impression.
    best, marc

• Hey! I'm a brand new Virus user (actually, that's a lie, I had an Indigo back in the day, but only for a short time because the reverb circuit was bad and I ended up returning it) BUT...

I've only had one issue with the Ti2 and that's some latency while playing live through the VST. Which is fine. Easy to work around. Otherwise rock freaking solid. And the SOUND. OMG.

So there ya go. You can put me on the 'almost no issues' list.

• I think this synth is the best sounding synth on the planet my personal opinion. I love my snow, chord stabs in the virus sound amazing, acid sounds with the resonant filter sound awesome. Pads sound lush, I'm not really looking for any more features there's enough to keep me going for ever. An iPad editor would be nice but hey ho, it is what it is and its glorious. My one has behaved somewhat it's also had a few tantrums but I personally don't give a. It's really worth it and I will buy more of them. Can't honestly see me wanting to continue without the access sound in my set up it's like buying a Porsche and moving back to a ford. Please keep virus alive, I think the availability of VI has made people lazy and unwilling to work with the restrictions of hardware we truely are spoiled these days. Anyway people with hardware are like blondes they really do have more fun.

• An iPad editor would be nice but hey ho, it is what it is and its glorious.

If you use LogicProX, there is one available already - just use Logic remote - all the parameters are there for editing, right on the iPad. All LIVE too!!

Mac OSX Yosemite

• I have to say my experience has been very largely positive too. I was anticipating a decent likelihood of problems and possibly having to use a 3rd party VST editor, since I'm not using an officially-supported DAW...but to my surprise, Virus Control is working very well in Reaper 4.x on Windows 8.1. With the LIVE button engaged, latency drops to 256 samples, which isn't super-tight but is usable for realtime playing. Maybe once out of every 10 or 20 times I launch a Reaper session with VC in it, VC will crash Reaper on startup, but no big deal - re-launch Reaper and off and running. Occasionally VC will crash Reaper when I select a patch category for searches in the patch browser. Other than those two things and the occasional sync error (which I expect many users see sometimes), it otherwise works great.

As long as we're in "say something nice for a change"mode, I'll also note that the Virus TI Keyboard has been the single most inspiring instrument I've ever owned. For a long time, I kind of wrote off hardware VA's as being passe in the era of increasingly better softsynths, but after using the TI for a couple of months, it's become my go-to synth. I think it still holds up impressively well in 2016 with a very musical, smooth sound - something that means a lot more in practical use than being able to draw your own wavetables and having 50-segment envelopes and being able to turn cat pictures into harmonic spectra.

• [..] I'll also note that the Virus TI Keyboard has been the single most inspiring instrument I've ever owned. For a long time, I kind of wrote off hardware VA's as being passe in the era of increasingly better softsynths, but after using the TI for a couple of months, it's become my go-to synth. I think it still holds up impressively well in 2016 with a very musical, smooth sound - something that means a lot more in practical use than being able to draw your own wavetables and having 50-segment envelopes and being able to turn cat pictures into harmonic spectra.

Couldn't agree more! I'm also amazed over and over how well the Virus TI works for a lot of different types of sounds. Although it figures as a "virtual analog" synth, it can sound very up-to-date and powerful. And it sounds amazing used stand-alone as a traditional hardware synth (analog outs) in a band setting.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I'm used to fighting with stuff. All of this technology needs another 100 years minimum. Humans are very very slow to progress with technology IMO. I'm not impressed. Not talking about the Virus specifically, but everything. I fight with software for a living. I just replaced my 2011 Imac with a new Imac mini 8G ram and everything ran like Crap. Do not buy a mac mini unless it's a 2012 with an i7 quadcore processor. Anyhow, I got a new macbook pro with 16G RAM and an i7 Quadcore. The TI software runs 90% better.

The only major issue I have is stopping and starting a midi track mid section and having the ARP go out of whack. But I suppose that's the way it is with MIDI tracks. Like I said, all of this tech needs another 100 years minimum. I'm happy with the thing though. I'm sure all the other comparative synths with a plugin have some sort of issues.