connecting virus to sapphire pro 40

• Hi
    Can anyone help walk me through how to connect my virus Ti2 through my focusrite sapphire pro 40 and from there run it into ableton? I have no idea how to do this. Connecting and routing is not my forte at all. The only way Ive ever been able to get any sound from my virus is to connect the virus directly to my computer via the usb port. I''ve also reached out to the guys at focusrite to see if they can help walk me through it at all, and am awaiting a reply from them. The virus vst can't find my hardware when I try and connect it through the pro 40; It only can find it when I have the usb connected to my computer. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance
    Kris

• The Virus TI must be connected to your computer via USB for the Virus Control VST to work.

Why do you want to connect the Virus to the Sapphire?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Hi
    Can anyone help walk me through how to connect my virus Ti2 through my focusrite sapphire pro 40 and from there run it into ableton? I have no idea how to do this. Connecting and routing is not my forte at all. The only way Ive ever been able to get any sound from my virus is to connect the virus directly to my computer via the usb port. I''ve also reached out to the guys at focusrite to see if they can help walk me through it at all, and am awaiting a reply from them. The virus vst can't find my hardware when I try and connect it through the pro 40; It only can find it when I have the usb connected to my computer. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance
    Kris

I have a FocusRite Saffire Pro14 - and all works perfectly.

How you connect your Virus to your SP40 will depend on what other things you have in your rig, and if you want to take advantage of the 3 separate stereo outs of the Virus.

Assuming you are using just the one stereo output from your virus and that you have the Virus connected to the Mac/PC with the USB cable:

1 - Connect the FireWire cable to your SP40 and the other end to your Mac/PC
    2 - Connect your monitors to SP40 Output1/2
    3 - Connect Virus Out1 L to SP40 Input 3 on rear
    4 - Connect Virus Out1 R to SP40 Input 4 on rear
    5 - Start up your Virus
    6 - Start up your DAW

I don't use Ableton, but once this is all connected, the inputs from the SP40 should be visible to you within your DAW as something like In3 In4.

When you play your Virus, Ableton should see the MIDik and be able to record it and send it back on a track, and Ableton should also be able to record the audio received from your Virus on In3/4.

Voila... let me know if this helps!

Mac OSX Yosemite