What is the best way to export Virus tracks from logic Pro x ?

• I have a way, bounce the track in live mode. But if I select all 3 virus tracks in the project and bounce them, it bounces them as 1 file. I can do them independently via solo track, and have my 3 separate files, but it's kind of a long process.

Any ideas? I did read the logic setup guide as well. I'm using usb only.

• I have a way, bounce the track in live mode. But if I select all 3 virus tracks in the project and bounce them, it bounces them as 1 file. I can do them independently via solo track, and have my 3 separate files, but it's kind of a long process.

Any ideas? I did read the logic setup guide as well. I'm using usb only.

The only way I can think of how to do this is to assign each of your 3 patches to a different output from the Virus. Not 100% sure even that would work, try it maybe?

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Maybe I'm confused, which is highly probable. So far I've only written 1 song in logix with VC.

My question is this. If I load up VC as multi timber instrument, I can only get 3 auxs in logic right? I have to control the volume of each synth patch in the VC software right?

This also means I can only have volume automation on only 3 of the virus tracks in logic right?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/15541416_1839099803033915_7197789291192451190_n.jpg?oh=796f97ca7389019736cd25abfb26a198&oe=58EAA7F4]

• Answered in sections.

Yes - you get three stereo outs with the Virus. About the same as most other hardware synths.

Yes - you can control the volume of each patch in VC, or via automation in Logic.

No - you can automate all 16 patches individually in Logic, including patch volume.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• "No - you can automate all 16 patches individually in Logic, including patch volume."

Well that is news to me, when I have the main virus track and go into the mixer, it only allows me 3 aux's total.

I'll go back and review the video again Marc.

If you go to Automation mode - 'A', you can then automate the patch volume in each of the Logic Virus tracks independently of overall volume. I just tested it, and it does work. May be not the right way, but this is what I did.

1 - add a virus instrument - with 4 patches (select 4 in the multi-timbral checkbox)
    2 - add your choice of patches to each VC track
    3 - Press 'A' to enter Automation mode.
    4 - for each of the tracks you wish to automate, select 'latch', then play the track whilst moving the volume slider for that patch in VC
    5 - return to 'Read'
    6 - repeat the entry of automation for each track you which to automate
    7 - All done!!

Mac OSX Yosemite

• hello jamesfarrell,

you may have a look on this thread, there a many useful infos too.

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33056

Zitat

The Virus has 3 play modes; single, multi and sequencer. When you have your Virus connected to your computer and the Virus Control Software launched, the Virus goes into sequencer mode. Sequencer mode allows you to load 16 different patches simultaneously but you can't save the set. Outside of the Virus Control software, "Multi Mode" also allows 16 channels of patches but you can save them - up to 128 sets to bring back instantly later. You can modify each channel to respond to different midi channels - which allows you to layer multiple patches together at once (i.e. one note plays 2 or more sounds together). "Single Mode" is where you usually are when the computer's disconnected and you are working on a patch.

For each channel(!) you have a choice of one of six stereo outputs or twelve mono outputs, plus a choice of a surround pair. You can set the balance and surround pan, and also use both as a modulation targets to move sounds around the four channels. Three of the stereo pairs are on the back of the unit (the first pair is the same as headphone out and the digital out - if you want consistency across all the channels use just the analog outs). The other three are via USB back to the computer - to use these you need a multi-channel sound card. I use a Presonus Firestudio 2626 myself. Remember - the choice of outputs is PER CHANNEL - you've got 16! That means you can have 16 different voices each panning complexly each across a different subset of four channels across a total of twelve output channels, possibly all triggered by one note. Find yourself two six plus channel amplifiers and twelve speakers, you'll never go back. You can make Jupiter 8's sound like a toy piano.

The output mode you want for this is "multi output", and you'll have to figure out how to configure the routing in your DAW software. It's pretty easy to set up a six channel version with just the analog outputs to see what it's like.The input settings depend on if you want to use the Virus outputs as your computer's sound card, or are doing side chain effects (routing computer tracks through the Virus's effects). If you use the Virus analog inputs, you have to give up one of the USB channels.75% of the time I've got the Virus in single mode, loading patches, tweaking knobs, and I'm wearing headphones. 15% of the time I'm playing on a master keyboard where I can select which channels are active, the Virus is in multi mode, I'm playing with layers, and I'm still wearing headphones. The last 10% the girlfriend's away, the house is shaking, and the cat's under the bed.

:) the last one made my day! --> The last 10% the girlfriend's away, the house is shaking, and the cat's under the bed.

• "No - you can automate all 16 patches individually in Logic, including patch volume."

Well that is news to me, when I have the main virus track and go into the mixer, it only allows me 3 aux's total.

I'll go back and review the video again Marc.

Did you ever get to see how this really does work, James?

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Hello I have my virus playing 3 different patches in Logic. I just don't know how to send them to audio tracks to record them in real time?

When I go to 1st virus track it goes to Stereo Out only other options are sending it to a bus/aux?

• Hello I have my virus playing 3 different patches in Logic. I just don't know how to send them to audio tracks to record them in real time?

When I go to 1st virus track it goes to Stereo Out only other options are sending it to a bus/aux?

Just send the signal from Virus Plugin to the individual USB OUTS, then you'll have them on 3 Stereo AUX channels. From there you can send them to busses, create audio channels and select the busses you routed the signals to as input to the audio channel. Then you can record in realtime 3 Stereo-Signals at once.