Middle C?

• Hi all,
    This may have been discussed before but on my TI2 which I assume is functioning correctly and when everything is set to "normal", the Audition button plays plays a C4 note (traditionally Middle C), not C3 as the manual states. Also in the manual under "Tips for auditioning the Wavetables", it also states that Middle C is C3 (not C4 traditionally). I have read that a few other companies such as Yamaha also call Middle C "C3" (not C4). A potential source of confusion for sure!
    Comments anybody?
    Thanks!

• In addition to what Mark says, I think "middle C" would just be the C closest to the center of the keyboard, hence in theory it might vary from keyboard to keyboard. On mine it's actually the middle one. According to International Scientific Pitch, middle C is C4.

In my daw, the audition C actually matches C5, while my tuner matches it at C4.

To really answer your question though, my ti2 produces the audition tone at 261-262hz :)

• Interesting topic. I know of the Roland/Yamaha confusion and that it's actually implementation dependent. But I find that while many VST Synth/Sampler plugins seem to produce a consistent pitch (with plain OSCs without transpose), the Virus is an octave off. Don't remember whether its higher or lower, OTTOMH.

Not really an issue, but sometimes a bit confusing when swapping sounds.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+