TI2 Acting bizarre... (LFO Bug)

• Hello all. My TI2 (61 Key) OS 5.1.3.0 is acting strange. Here is exactly what I wrote to Access support:

I am on my 2nd TI2, 61 key synth that is not working properly. The machine is acting strange and does 3 bizarre things repeatedly:

1) The LFO's stop working. I will be making a sound with the LFO's working perfectly fine. Then all of a sudden all 3 LFO's will either go totally dark / off, or will all start pulsing at the same rate which can no longer be changed. If I leave the patch and go back, the LFO's will 'snap' back to life as if nothing was wrong. But if I save the patch while the LFO's go dead, they will not turn back on again.

SOLVED: 2) Pages for effect settings go missing. IE: Delay edit has 3-4 pages to cycle through where I can edit parameters: Time, Feedback, Color, modulation, etc. Several times the Delay edit has only opened up 1 page, and am not able to edit all the parameters. This does not change from patch to patch and I have to power cycle the unit to get it back to "normal".
    SOLVED- If send is turned down pages will not be available.

3) The mod wheel, at random, will snap to 100%. This will happen no matter where the wheel is set to. At some point it will turn itself up to maximum, instantly. A factory reset stopped this from happening for just about 1 week, but it happened again yesterday.

Are there any logical explanations for these things happening? Are these known bugs? I have searched on the forums and can not find mention of these happening to anyone else. My 1st virus had a keybed issue where the same 8 keys kept going out, which required it to be on repair for 8 out of the 10 weeks I owned the machine (4 separate repairs). I really hope there is a logical explanation to these things, I'm starting to lack confidence in this synth. :(

• Is any other MIDI controller/device hooked up to the Virus? Does it happen standalone or when in USB mode? If in USB mode: Is a DAW running? Is Virus Control running?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I recorded video of the LFO bug here
    This video shows the LFO's returning back to normal after saving the patch. Previously- saving the patch with the LFO's gone 'dead', permanently wrote them into the patch that way- and they will not turn back on for that patch (which is a bummer because there was some cool mods happening :| )

And was immediately able to get the missing parameter page on video

The only thing I didn't get last night was the mod wheel snapping up to 100%. But oddly enough I caught a new bug:

Global delays were disabled, yet delay was still working on individual patches.

https://youtu.be/HKBAuA94WfISomething is definitely going on with this machine.

• Is any other MIDI controller/device hooked up to the Virus? Does it happen standalone or when in USB mode? If in USB mode: Is a DAW running? Is Virus Control running?

Great suggestion. Absolutely no MIDI or USB connections. This is happening in straight up 'standalone' mode with only audio connections to my interface -> speakers. I had grown suspicious about that myself, so disconnected all data and did another factory reset- only to find the problem still exists.

• OK. That's weird about the LFO's!

Regarding the Delay: It's normal behavior -- When you have the Delay off, no parameters are available but as soon as you switch it on (Send amount) then it shows the pages available for that selected delay type.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• OK. That's weird about the LFO's!

Regarding the Delay: It's normal behavior -- When you have the Delay off, no parameters are available but as soon as you switch it on (Send amount) then it shows the pages available for that selected delay type.

You are correct with the delay page behavior, thank you for explaining! I love operator error fixes.

What really concerns me a lot is the mod wheel snapping up to 100% - because I'm nervous that is a hardware problem and perhaps not software. My first TI2 61 had 8 bad keys, the replacement guitar center ordered me arrived with a physically broken key (in factory sealed bag & carton), and now my 3rd unit having a mod wheel problem.

And I agree-- the LFO bug is really weird.

Have you experienced delays still working while global delay i disabled? I can't figure that one out.

• What really concerns me a lot is the mod wheel snapping up to 100%

That could be a bad Mod Wheel indeed. If you received that many broken units, I'd question Guitar Center's way of treating their merchandise! I've read pretty bad stories regarding guitars and basses.

Have you experienced delays still working while global delay i disabled? I can't figure that one out.

You have to re-load the patch after you changed the global setting. Same is true for Reverbs. IMO, that's not a bug but intended behavior.

• That could be a bad Mod Wheel indeed. If you received that many broken units, I'd question Guitar Center's way of treating their merchandise! I've read pretty bad stories regarding guitars and basses.

This most recent unit wasn't from Guitar Center, and shipped directly from Kemper. But I would still agree with you.

• Update: Access Support wrote me yesterday afternoon saying the unit needs to be serviced. :thumbdown:

Last night I stumbled onto something interesting with the 'dead LFO' bug. The random patch generator seemed to 'unlock' this problem.

To explain: since the last factory reset- the TI2 has gone several days with the LFO's working fine. However last night I used the random patch generator- and all the LFO's immediately went dead. I reloaded the init patch, and LFO's worked fine.

After a few minutes of programming, the LFO's went 'dead' again (note I had not used the random patch generator this time). This happened again several minutes later on a custom patch I had made days ago (again not using the random patch generator).

Tl;dr summary:
    - LFO's worked perfectly for several days after last factory reset.
    - "Randomize patch" on init sound makes LFO's go dead.
    - LFO's go dead on other patches 2 more times within minutes after the "randomize patch" feature is used.