Virus TI2 out of sync in logic pro x when in Cycle Mode.

• Hello guys,
    Really appreciate everybody here over the years.

I have a sync issue with my virus TI2 Desktop when using Logic pro X in cycle mode. (try that in Live without any problems)

As you can see and hear in the video (link attached), when played in cycle mode it starts just fine, and after, when it goes back to start point of the event it get all messy and out of sync. ***** https://youtu.be/sQzEqu4UJoI ******

I've tried\did the following:

I connect the USB directly to the computer and disconnect all other USB cables.
    I switched between USB connectors and also tried Hub with USB 2 Connectors.
    I replaced the USB cable and tried 3 different cables.
    Tried several i\o buffer sizes (64, 128, 256, 512)
    Tried several sample rates (44.1, 48, 88, 96)
    I use 1.5m cable.
    My process buffer range is "small"
    The plugin latency compensation is set to "all"
    The "low latency mode" is disabled.

Don't know what else to try.

I really hope someone know what to do to fix this issue.

Thanks a lot..

https://youtu.be/sQzEqu4UJoI

** Virus TI2 Desktop. OS - 5.1.6.05 **
    ** Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 3.5 GHz, 32 GB Memory. macOS Sierra 10.12.2 **
    ** RME FireFace 400. **
    ** Komplete Kontrol S61.**
    ** Logic Pro X 10.2.4 **

Virus TI2 Desktop. 5.1.6.05
    Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 3.5 GHz, 32 GB Memory. macOS Sierra 10.12.2
    RME FireFace 400.
    Komplete Kontrol S61.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dj_niv_il ()

• I think (!) the main difference between looping in Logic and looping in Live is that Logic "jumps back in time" and therefore sends a MIDI song position pointer change while Live just keeps the time line flowing and repeats the section of notes. Maybe there's a setting in Logic to change MIDI SPP behavior.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks for answering.

There is a midi SPP setting and i tried all of the options, didn't worked.
    tried to play with the "delay transmission" as well but its the same.

• put a quality USB2 hub in between your Mac and the Virus. don't connect anything to this hub apart from the Virus. also enable preferences>general>cycle "pre-processing 1/96" and "smooth cycle on". let me know if this helps. i have a similar setup here and i don't get sync offsets when using cycle mode. the MIDI settings have nothing to do with it.

• I try to connect it with USB2 hub...
    Maybe you can recommend on a good stable USB 2 Hub brand that you know it's good?

Virus TI2 Desktop. 5.1.6.05
    Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 3.5 GHz, 32 GB Memory. macOS Sierra 10.12.2
    RME FireFace 400.
    Komplete Kontrol S61.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dj_niv_il ()

• Since you say it works properly in Live but not in Logic: Are you using the VST or AU plugin in Live?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+