Win7_Cubase Blue screen when load virus snow to existing project

• Virus always loads up fine in a new from scratch project. However if I try and add a Virus to a project that has previously existed
    it sometimes causes a blue screen when it tries to load, about 5 seconds into the load process.

Cubase 8.0.xx 32 bit on Windows 64 bit.

I load the Virus as an instrument track, Or I have also tried changing an existing instrument track with a VSTi in such as
    Massive and the same thing happens. Other than this the Virus has been behaving fairly well. No crackles or sync problems.

Maybe I just have to start every new project with a template or load up the Virus first as a work around? But it does concern me that there is some other instability creeping in that might blue screen me upon a project load etc at a later stage.

I found this:

http://www.virus.info/forum/in…gin-in-Cubase-6-projects/

I very much doubt it is "bad memory" as I have had 3.5GB projects running and these are tiny 1.3GB.

It seems to exhibit this behaviour sometimes and not others. None of which are complex projects just 4-6 tracks of VSTi's.

Trying to iron this problems before I start a serious track. I guess I can try and load Virus up first on every project and keep them as the first instrument as that thread suggested for now.

?(

• Hey UV,

I am a mac user with very similar findings with my TI2. If I load an older session (Ableton): Simply having my virus plugged in via usb (not even using Virus Control) will cause a hard gray screen crash that automatically reboots the machine.

However, having a brand new session with the TI2 plugged in- has never once caused a crash.

This is the main reason I do not use the Virus Control plugin and have my virus wired like my 'regular' MIDI gear.
    I'm curious what the response will be for this one as well.