Running Virus Control in Stand alone mode?

• I just got a Virus TI Desktop and hated the issues and limitations I was running into while using Virus Control in Ableton. So I ran my Virus as an External Instrument from Ableton, and utilized the analog outs. So now my Virus is plugged in via USB only so that is can receive MIDI data from a keyboard I have running through Ableton, but its audio it being sent to an interface, and then into my monitors. I do really enjoy using the Virus Control to store patches and tweak stuff and all that. If I downloaded one of those standalone vst host things would I be able to use the vst strictly for on screen control of my virus, while still having the audio routed up through analog, so I dont encounter any of the issues that come from sending the viruses audio over usb. In other words, would it allow my virus to continue to only receive data over usb, and not have to send its audio via usb, thus preserving its overall integrity, while still getting the benefits of VC?

This is my first time setting up the signal flow for, well, anything. so I hope that all made sense.

Thank you for your time