USB mode - sync to host

• Hi guys,
    Ive had my desktop TI2 for about 6 years now but im not sure if this is normal behavior or if I just noticed.

On my actual synth, I have my audio clock source set to "auto".

Now, If I turn on my virus and then my pc, all good, screen says "USB link established" and "audio clock changed" and under audio clock in the menu of the synth, the frequency is "synced to host". Nice!

But...if I turn on my PC first and then my virus, it doesn't sync to host. Not even if I turn on or off my synth. I have to restart the pc or more simply re-plug in the usb cable (either to virus or pc usb port) in order to get it to sync. Is this normal behavior?

I don't really want to go down the vicious circle of repairing/ installing/uninstalling/trying other cables/hubs etc...:)

• Just tried that with my Darkstar TI2: It's also on "auto" and always goes into "synced to host" when USB and connection to DAW is established regardless of whether the Synth or the Mac is switched on first.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Oli, thank you for your feedback. I cant be sure if I can rely on this though cause I don't know if the USB ports on windows behave exactly the same as for Windows, maybe I should have mentioned this on my first post. I'll create a ticket. Meanwhile, if anyone with a TI2 desktop with OS win 8.1 64bit is willing to share their experience - please feel free, it doesn't take more than 5 min :)