Issue installing Virus USB drivers in Windows 10 64-bit

• Hey guys,

I am having some problems where my device is not usable via USB.
    I installed the latest version and updated the OS on the virus to 5.1.1.0 but after the update and restarting the Virus it should USB connected on the keyboard, but my Windows 10 driver manager flags an error 'This Device cannot start (code 10)
    (operation failed)
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.'

This is for driver Virus TI USB 2.9.66
    All the audio drivers look fine.

The only time the keyboard works with my PC is when I remove the power cable from the Virus, hold down the 'exit' key and put the power cable into the keyboard.
    When I look in the device manager on Windows, the driver is fine.

I have done a few test to rule things out, to no avail.

Replaced the USB cable and tried to reinstall the software
    Tried a new USB port and reinstalling the software

I cant really think of anything else.
    I have now also logged a call with Access support. but this will be a slow process.

Any help would be appreciated.

• I've encountered this this evening on Windows 7 x64. The driver isn't signed which is why Windows is refusing to let it run correctly. In the case of Windows 7 I have to boot whilst pressing F8 and selecting the 'Disable driver enforcement' option on the Windows boot menu.

Windows 8 and Windows 10 allow you to do this in a more permanent fashion (Windows 7 I have to do it on every reboot). You can read more about this here: https://windowsreport.com/driv…e-enforcement-windows-10/

good luck!
    Rob

• I should have worded that better. Yes, the driver is signed. But the Kempler GmbH signing authority certificates that got installed with the driver have expired. You can see this under your Trusted Publisher certificate store.

• I'm sorry, I'm wrong. I thought this was the cause of the problem and indeed, it did fix my issue booting up defeating driver signing enforcement. However, this morning I swapped out my passive USB hub with a decent powered hub. This has fixed everything properly for me and I no longer need to bypass driver signing enforcement.

Apologies to Access for my misinformation.