Virus TI2 forces real time bounce and export in Studio One 3.3

• Hello,

I've just switched to a new and powerful PC under W10. Everything is working fine (Virus TI integration) under Studio One, except that when using the Virus as a VST (or VST3 btw), it forces real time rendering for any bounce-to-audio or export rendering.

This is somenthing I didn't witness on my previous configuration (W7-Studio One-VirusVst3)

Am I missing something? I know that the Virus requires to have an "special" buffer size (I'm on 256 on purpose) but is there something to set on the frequency/resolution side?

Here is my setup :
    - Asus G752 : Intel Core i7-6700HQ - 32G RAM - 256SSD - W10
    - Studio One 3.3
    - Virus TI2

G'd day

• Hello Chris and thanks for your answer.

I was conviced that when bouncing a midi event which is NOT a virus track/event, Studio One was not affected by those limitations of the Virus. I think I must have mistaken, and never suceeded to fast bounce with the Virus ON. Now I know that I have to turn it off if I want to bounce faster than real time (except for the Virus itself).

Thanks again.

G'd day

• That may be dependent on the DAW. In Cubase, freezing/rendering of tracks is forced to realtime if you have any plugin or outboard gear that requires that.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I was conviced that when bouncing a midi event which is NOT a virus track/event, Studio One was not affected by those limitations of the Virus. I think I must have mistaken, and never suceeded to fast bounce with the Virus ON. Now I know that I have to turn it off if I want to bounce faster than real time (except for the Virus itself).

last time i've checked Studio One automatically bounced the Virus online whilst the rest was bounced offline.