MIDI Velocity

• So I'm trying to make a solid psytrance kick and bass in Logic Pro X.3.
    I'm using two 1/4 notes on the offbeat for the bassline.
    now my issue is I cannot simply use the MIDI velocity to make the first 1/4th note quieter than the second note.
    I tried a lot of matrix routings like Velocity On/Off on the patch volume but it still doesn't seem to work. it plays both notes equally loud.
    How can I bring dynamics into this by routing the mod matrix in a way to make the first note quieter than the second/is there any other way of working around or can I somewhere set the MIDI velocity to work?
    cheers
    https://soundcloud.com/toxicatorz/virus-issue/s-MfE6L
    p.s: if this is the wrong topic delete the post and send me a message pls
    attachment included in case the SC link won't work

• You can use the Velocity-Map to acheive that. It's pretty easy to find on the Virus Control Plugin.

On the hardware, go into Edit (left to the display) and step through the parameters until you get to "Velocity Map 1/4". The first parameter "Volume" should do what you want. You could also use "Velocity Map 3/4" > "Filter 1 Env Amount" for example to open the Filter more on notes with higher velocity to give the impression of them being louder while preserving the low end thump.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• You're welcome. Glad I was able to help! :)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+