Whats the difference between the two Access Virus TI audio drivers?

• Hi All

When I launch LogicProX, I am sometimes presented with a dialogue box asking if I want to use the Access Virus TI (Bit accurate) driver...?

Can someone explain what the difference is please,

(1) between the Access Virus TI (Bit Accurate) and Access Virus TI (Core Audio) drivers, and

(2) which one I should be using under what circumstances.

Many thanks.

Mac OSX Yosemite

• I read somewhere online that the bit accurate is a specific driver developed for hardware to be more efficient.
    At that time I was getting some noises from virus inputs when using the audio core in my DAW, switching to bit accurate solve this issue for me.
    (* I don't get same noises when it's selected as core audio on the mac)

• I read somewhere online that the bit accurate is a specific driver developed for hardware to be more efficient.
    At that time I was getting some noises from virus inputs when using the audio core in my DAW, switching to bit accurate solve this issue for me.
    (* I don't get same noises when it's selected as core audio on the mac)

can you please stop repeating that? it's close to fake news ;) - on a more serious note, I've commented elsewhere on your statement and gave you a pointer where the noise might come from

• on a more serious note, [...]

Marc, would you please be so kind to enlighten us what the actual difference between the Access Virus TI (Bit Accurate) and Access Virus TI (Core Audio) is, and when the Bit Accurate driver should be used?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Marc, would you please be so kind to enlighten us what the actual difference between the Access Virus TI (Bit Accurate) and Access Virus TI (Core Audio) is, and when the Bit Accurate driver should be used?

the Bit Accurate driver bypasses a couple of macOS mixer stages in order to improve the quality of the signal. These days, we recommend to use the Core Audio driver. The bit accurate driver is not necessary anymore because the internal mixing in macOS doesn't have any relevant impact on the sound anymore.

• the Bit Accurate driver bypasses a couple of macOS mixer stages in order to improve the quality of the signal. These days, we recommend to use the Core Audio driver. The bit accurate driver is not necessary anymore because the internal mixing in macOS doesn't have any relevant impact on the sound anymore.

Thank you very much for this clear explanation!

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+