Virus Analog Input

• I tried to use the Vocoder of the virus and connected a Microphone to the Input L
    I set patch 1 to OUT 1 L + R and activated the Input as Input L.
    I didn't get any signal to my Mixer (Behringer X2222)
    If I deactivate the Input and play on the midi keyboard I get a Signal and can hear everything as normal instrument.
    I then tried to play my Minibrute through the Input and got no Signal either.
    I used Static Input and got no signal if I use the virus without input I get a signal and if I use the Brute on my mixer I get a signal.
    I even set the USB Settings to 3 Outs/1 In and still didn't work.
    where am I wrong? do I need to use it manually without the USB or isit some other mistake?
    greetings

• Did you try one of the presets which are set up to use the inputs?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I did that and had no trouble at all to route my Sub37 or Blofeld through the Virus and some delicious effects.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Did you try the Patch ROM-B 125 ">>INPUT<<"? I just have to select that and get immediate signal from the inputs to the headphone. Be careful, might be LOUD. You may need to adjust sensitivity of the inputs in the CONFIG > Inputs 1/2 > Sensitivity to have enough signal but not distort.

If that works, you can go on to try the Vocoder. Two things to consider here: With the OSC modes you need to press a note, and you need to open the filter a bit at least. Otherwise, no sound at all.

I'm no expert at this, and just tried the Vocoder for the first time. But it should get you started.