Virus Snow and PX5S-Short "Forever" cover Patch-Contemporary Service

• Nice pad sound. Did you use a Virus TI factory preset?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• It is One of the "Heaven Pads" slightly tweaked from Essential X Sounds layered with the Hex Layer Synth on Casio

Thanks for your answer. Ultimate X Sounds are great!

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• It came out to like $.29 per patch.....I love to create sounds but with day job and the band $$ seemed ok because I can actually use a high percentage of the sounds. Of course if you take out the sounds not used, then price is higher.

• That depends. I couldn't program what they do in an entire year, so it's worth buying their patches for me! :)

Indeed. I initially thought they are overpriced as well, and was very hesitant to buy my first set. More or less because my experience with sound sets (for e.g. Massive) was that many sounds are not very well done and I rarely find more than a hand full of sounds I really can use in a whole set. But UXS have great preview demos, and after listening to them a couple of times, I finally decided to throw some cash at them. And kept doing that, because I find about 30 - 50% of the sounds to satisfy my needs or give me great starting point and material to learn how to acheive certain things on the Virus. And good sounds spark new ideas for riffs or lines. To, that's money well spend.

The only downside on many of the big sounding patches is that they use a lot of CPU power.