Mystery Islands software?

• Hi everyone. Decently happy new TI2 owner here. After a few hiccups I got this beautiful instrument working properly with Cubase 9. No dropouts or noise after I hooked it through an Anker USB hub to my MacPro. That somehow took care of the initial issues.

My question: is there any advantage from using the Mystery Islands plugin over the Access version? Any users of it can comment?

I have not tried uploading banks of sounds yet to it. Is it easier with this software? Anything to watch out?

Thanks!!

• I bought the mystery island software a few months ago, and while I love the fact that you can use it over DIN midi and I can avoid having to use USB, it is quite buggy. I can use workarounds to achieve certain things (but not all the promised features) I need to, but it is a little frustrating. They were fast getting back to me up until when I purchased it, now they have gone silent, which adds to the frustration. I get the feeling that it is a side hobby and that they are not in a position to spend much time developing or supporting it any longer. I hope I am wrong, but that has been my experience to date.

• Just to add that I spent some more time with the editor this weekend and I have managed to get it working to my satisfaction, despite the odd bug here and there, which I am told (support did eventually get back to me) there will be an update to the editor.

It really works way better for me than the official editor in many ways, the best being that I don't have to tie the Virus to my PC over USB - quite liberating!

• I had been considering selling my Virus TI, so as it due course, I hooked it up again and played around a bit, and found that I was really enjoying it, getting nice Obie, Moog and modern sounds with ease. Add to this the layering ability through the editor (and managing to find a fast workable method of saving multis and grouping sounds to the librarian (and to the unit itself), I hastily withdrew my ad and have rekindled my friendship with the TI. A good litmus test before selling any synth!

• I had been considering selling my Virus TI, so as it due course, I hooked it up again and played around a bit, and found that I was really enjoying it, getting nice Obie, Moog and modern sounds with ease. Add to this the layering ability through the editor (and managing to find a fast workable method of saving multis and grouping sounds to the librarian (and to the unit itself), I hastily withdrew my ad and have rekindled my friendship with the TI. A good litmus test before selling any synth!

This has happened to me many times with the TI2. Fantastic synth regardless of whether or not you're using Virus Control.

• Mystery Islands midi plugin works pretty well and they have good support. I used it few times for midi sessions... but most of the core sound design was done using the virus control and transfer back to synth buffer or saved into bank.

- latest os updated (5.1.7.00) from Access is working great! I less use the midi route.