Virus TI2 Receive Midi Dump Verify Behaviour

• I backed up my "Bank A" with the help of OSX software called "SysEx Librarian". Then I wanted to check if this backup is ok. According to user manual of Ti2 I selected "Verify" option in Config > Receive MIDI Dump.

What is expected behaviour of this option? Will virus display some message like "Verification OK" or "Error"? Now I'm selecting "Verify" option and then hit play on file in "SysEx Librarian". After all 128 patches transferred there is no final message in Virus Display at all. During transferring there is a "SE" text visible. I don't know if this backup file is exact copy of my "Bank A". If I change some Patch in Bank A and Store it. During "Verify" process there is no message that this Patch is different as I'm expecting.

What is the correct method of backup banks without using USB connection and TOTAL INTEGRATION features at all? I'm using only Midi Dumps because I'm old analog freak and I'm used to this workflow.
    My Virus Ti2 Software is 5.1.6.05

• Hi Marc. Thank You for response. Unfortunately Your answer didn't solve my workflow problem. I can't use Virus Control Center because I need to connect Virus via USB and this is problematic each time I want to backup some PATCH or BANK. Also I don't know if this is ok to connect USB when Virus in turned ON. I really don't like to interrupt my workflow.

I'll ask in other way. Why there is an feature like "Receive MIDI Dump" and "Transmit MIDI Dump" if it's not working? It could be bug in Your firmware and this is the room for improvement. For me transmiting Bank data across MIDI interface is fundamental feature of all synths with Midi interface. I imported my Bank A dump back to Virus and it's working but there is only problem with this "Verify" option and for me this is a bug in software. It is useless because it gives no feedback information at all after transmitting.

• I'll ask in other way. Why there is an feature like "Receive MIDI Dump" and "Transmit MIDI Dump" if it's not working? It could be bug in Your firmware and this is the room for improvement. For me transmiting Bank data across MIDI interface is fundamental feature of all synths with Midi interface. I imported my Bank A dump back to Virus and it's working but there is only problem with this "Verify" option and for me this is a bug in software. It is useless because it gives no feedback information at all after transmitting.

we recommend using USB for backup. simply because most MIDI interfaces available today do not support large chunks of sysex data without producing errors. from what I know, transmission/reception of sysex dumps via MIDI works fine. it might be that there is a bug in the verify function. to be honest, you'd be the first one in 10 years who spotted it - but of course i cannot rule it out. feel free to contact support by email.

• we recommend using USB for backup. simply because most MIDI interfaces available today do not support large chunks of sysex data without producing errors. from what I know, transmission/reception of sysex dumps via MIDI works fine. it might be that there is a bug in the verify function. to be honest, you'd be the first one in 10 years who spotted it - but of course i cannot rule it out. feel free to contact support by email.

Thanks for information. I know a lot of interfaces introduces some errors during transmitting large pieces of SysEx data. That's why I need to "Verify" this with this not working for me feature. I'll contact with support with this topic. Thanks a lot for help.