No audio or midi

• I've had my virus ti polar for about 4 years and has worked fine. Recently I upgraded my computer operating system to Leopard (Power Mac G5 Quad) and I get no audio or midi. I don't know if updating the software had anything to do with it - I only use the Virus as a midi keyboard and dont use the usb.

I've reset the keyboard (Arp edit) but nothing alters - I put headphones in the headphone socket and play the keyboard but there is no audio, when I change a preset all the lights flicker and change but still no audio. When I use Logic Studio and play an old arrangement I get a midi out signal (though no audio) and no midi in. A friend told me to check the Local on/off on the keyboard menu but I can't access it! In the manual Midi has 4 pages in Edit config, one of them being keyboard - on my menu, midi only has 3 pages and it should be 4 as I have a keyboard.

Support not much help to be honest.

• That's weird. You should try the USB and see if you can get audio out of it there.

Install the USB drivers in OS X, and also reset the TI (i.e. do a clean install of the TI operating system). After you plug the USB cable in to the Ti and connect it to the Mac, you should see "USB link established." After this, go in to System Preferences. You should see the Virus in the Sound preference pane in System Preferences as an interface. You can then set the TI as the output for the Mac, and play music through it via iTunes. You'll hear the music come out of the inputs on the TI and the headphone jack.

Try this and let us know what happens. If you can get audio through the USB, then the audio in your TI still works, so then we have to figure out why it is ignoring input from the keyboard.