Output 1 & 2

• I have the latest beta drivers. I loaded the virus ti2 up into protool 8.0.1 as a virtual instrument. I have the audio feeding from output 1 & 2 since I couldn't handle the latency issues anymore. However, if I pick a patch any patch it will play that patch, plus an INIT patch over the top of it very loud. I have tried different settings but it always plays the init patch. output 2& 3 work normally, but 1 & 2 do this stuff.

• Ok, After trying a few things I have narrowed this down to a software bug. I used 3.3.4 on mac 10.5.8 in pro tools 8.0.3 and the virus could only play sounds on midi channel 1. The virus control was receiving midi data on different channels but there was NO AUDIO. It would then dump all the sounds into one output, so essentially I was hearing all 16 channels of audio at once whenever I played a note on midi channel 1. This also meant that I could not sequence anything on any other channels as there was no audio output (I changed all the different audio output options including USB). I went to OS 3.1 and the problem is gone. Went back to 3.3.4 and the problem returned, so I am staying with 3.1 for now until this gets fixed.

• Firstly let me say the RTAS version of VC sucks...wait till you try & get the arps to sync to tempo & you will see what I mean. However I'm a little confused about what it is you are trying to do. If you are using VC then the audio comes from the USB not the outputs. You would use these if you have it hooked up the old fashioned way with midi in/outs etc. like I have & take VC out of the picture. You should either use the VC/USB or Midi in/outs & the regular outputs going to your pro tools interface.

• Firstly let me say the RTAS version of VC sucks...wait till you try & get the arps to sync to tempo & you will see what I mean. However I'm a little confused about what it is you are trying to do. If you are using VC then the audio comes from the USB not the outputs. You would use these if you have it hooked up the old fashioned way with midi in/outs etc. like I have & take VC out of the picture. You should either use the VC/USB or Midi in/outs & the regular outputs going to your pro tools interface.

I already know about the arps. I use the USB for midi and VC controls, but I set the outputs to physical outs so there is not as much of a latency and no chance of pops or crackles. In 3.3.4 it doesn't matter anyways. If I set all the outputs to Usb 1+2 I still don't get any audio on midi channels 2-16 (EVEN THOUGH IT IS RECEIVING MIDI DATA!!!), if I drop down to midi channel 1 it plays alllllll the parts regardless of their assigned midi channel, but the midi input meter doesn't move on anything besides channel 1. This doesn't happen in 3.1 it also didn't happen in 3.3.0 beta, so I don't know.