Virus TI2 - VSTi x64 crashes by clicking on "BROWSER" Tab etc.

• The TI2 Keyboard mostly works fine, but only 2 things do not:

a) If I load the TI2 VSTi / Editor inside Ableton Live x64 9.7.1 @ Windows 10 Version 1607, everything works fine. But If I klick on the "BROWSER" tab, the Plugin crashes. So I have to close and to reopen the plugin window right there to be able to adjust parameters again.

b) If I close an Arrangement (Ableton Live x64 9.7.1 @ Windows 10 Version 1607) with the TI2 VSTi / Editor on a track, I am not able to close the DAW properly. Live crashes everytime.

Is there anyone who experienced similar behaviour or have any idea about this ?

Cheers
    Jay

• I had that problem and it was solved by updating BIOS and selecting the right USB-port.
    Funny enough, I tried everything else I could imagine until I realized that my bios version was 6 years old.

• That is weird. As for me no need as BIOS is current and all functioned as it did prior to a fresh installation. I did get a note from support asking me to delete the virus cache folder. Makes perfect sense as the installation was freshly installed over the existing one. Meaning, the "fresh install" isn't technically a real fresh install where I formatted the drives. It's part of the Window 10 feature which I think is awesome cause I used to reinstall windows XP all the time and hated having to configure everything from scratch. Hopefully the fix support gave me solves the issue. I will know tonight and report.

*UPDATE*
    I deleted the Virus Cache as requested which did not work. I also deleted the Live Cache which again didn't work. I will uninstall the software and reinstall it. I will also try a different USB2 port though I did have it installed on the same port without issue before. I'll will report once tested.

• SOLVED (at least for me)
    The issue was that I had was that I had reinstalled Windows 10 though Defenders "Fresh Start" which basically reinstalls windows on top of the existing OS. I had assumed it was a FRESH INSTALLATION which saved links, files, and registry entries for common settings like My Documents etc. I assumed all references to previously installed apps would be deleted. The new installation of Windows did not show that the VirusTI App was installed through add/remove programs.

So, in order to get the TI VST to operate correctly,

I have come to realize that the issue was the method of installing Windows 10. I had used their built in feature to reinstall Windows which I incorrectly assumed was a FRESH INSTALL. It basically is as most apps will not be available but it generally speaking installs Windows over Windows to retain some of the key folders and registry entries. So, though the Virus application was not available to uninstall from the add/remove program feature in Windows 10, there obviously were files associated with the previous Windows install which required an installation of the TI Installer and an immediate removal, then reinstallation to make the app work as expected.

Access Support was fantastic. I sent the same ticket separately to Ableton and have yet to receive one email from them on the issue as I though maybe there was a Live VST Hosting Issue.

Thanks Access!