Best way to create a list of FAVORITES

• Hi, I have just started using a TI2. I have LOGIC, ABLETON and PatchMorpher on the IPAD.
    I know you can assign a FAVORITES category to a patch in the Common tab - but it requires many steps.

What I love about PATCHMORPHER on the ipad is you can set SCENES where you can choose patches on the TI create a SCENE of "Fav PAD" patches, etc.

I like using the USB LINK and run the TI VST and use BROWSER to choose PADS category and select patches. But unfortunately you cant have both Mac connected via USB and Patchmorpher connected via MIDI using a ROLAND UM-ONE

So that option for creating a fav list is gone. any other methods to do this?

I wish both MIDI and USB could work together.

• Hi. What I've been doing is I created a few banks of my own (.mid files) by category. If I come across a great "cinematic" style sound I save it to my own Cinematic.mid file until it's filled up, and so on.

Another great functionality is to be able to drag a sound from the upper window in the browser to the lower window. Simply have your own .mid file open in the lower one and drag cool sounds you find to it. Although sometimes that causes the search results to get scrambled, but it works.

• I created quite a lot of VC user libraries (ROM Favorites, Pads, Leads, Basses) and just copy a preset into them if I like it. This method results in a lot of preset shuffling, though.

But I always wondered about the intention behind the "Favorites" category, if used on a (ROM centric) hardware.
    Also, I wonder how to properly use the category browsing on the hardware...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Also, I wonder how to properly use the category browsing on the hardware...

Isn't it just a matter of using the Search and Value buttons? (Of course, that lets you browse the patches in a category if that's what you mean.)
    I would like to know how do you save a change made in the Category page of the Edit button for hardware-only users? Thanks for any easy tips on this!!
    BTW, I noticed Access already has some patches loaded in the Favorites 1 category. I guess THEIR favorites?? :huh:

But I always wondered about the intention behind the "Favorites" category, if used on a (ROM centric) hardware.

Please explain!
    Thanks Oli !

• Thanks nycvirususer, That is a great answer.
    At the moment I can only do this with the existing My Patches.mid file.
    How do I actually create and use another .MID file - say if I wanted to make one called Pads_JM.mid?

I tried creating that file in the same ....Patches folder but it does not show up in the Virus Control Public Libraries.

I guess I am still trying to work out how the ROM RAM banks and the .MID files all work together.

I am using LOGIC Pro as well.

Thanks again

• from the Virus Control Tutorial, page 14:

Zitat von Virus Control Tutorial

How to make new libraries

• In the Virus TI/Patches folder, create a new folder called ‘MyPatches’
    • Copy/Paste the le ‘My Patches.mid’ to this folder
    • Rename the copy e.g. ‘My Patches 1.mid’
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as required, incrementing the version number each time
    • Use VirusControl to delete the patches in the additional copies.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+