How to find serial number

• I've searched the forum and found comments with links to a thread where Marc describes how to find your serial number...
    However the links aren't working... Here's one I've found:
    virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=161

Can anyone help?

• (or not at all, if it's a TI2 Desktop with a rack mount kit)

AFAIR, you can also see the serial number in the Virus Control Center software.
    (and it's used as a directory name in the preferences for VCC and VC, but to find that is more for the geeky geeks...)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• isn't that a bit academic? of course, if you remove the part which holds the serial number and replace it you need to look at the part which you've just replaced. we do not ship Virus Desktops with pre-installed mounting kits.

It's not academic if you bought your Virus TI2 Desktop second hand and it comes with the rack mount kit. Most buyers won't know that the SNR isn't available and most sellers will probably not think of that fact anymore or even have lost the original floor shell. I just thought it's a bit of information that could be helpful with second hand units.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• oli, i know you like to help and i appreciate your effort. but frankly, i'd prefer if you limit it to the thinks you do know. the directory ID you mention is not necessary the number one looks for and virus control center you will not be able to download/install unless you register on our website. and in order to do so, you need a serial number ...

now, before this goes back and forward until christmas: thanks for you help and peace out ;)